Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default paper cutter for scrapbooking

I'm not sure what the proper term is, but I am in the market for a new paper cutter and thought I would see what other people had that they liked.
    I have a small one from Creative Memories that I keep right near my work area and I really like it.
    My sister bought one (at a yard sale) that looks like it was used in public school classroom, that has the big arm blade that swings down. It is old, and although I liked it, it seems to be getting dull.
    I need something big for cutting 12 x 12 sheets, preferably portable, with the swing out arm. Is it possible that these will consistently cut straight? This has been a huge pet peeve of mine in the past.
    Glad to hear any ideas.

Expert Forum User

Hi there!
    I use the Fiskars 12in with the pull out arm..and it works great! I am on my 2nd one since 2004, and mainly because i saw one that wasn't grey! lol
    I also have the Fiskars slide rotary one but i barely use it cause i haven't mastered a straight cut on it! (and it's MORE $$$) UGH.

i had a large fiskers with the swing arm and didn't care for mine (I know others who like it). I have a making memories trimmer now and love it.

Creative Memories has a large one for cutting paper. It's really great, I love mine!!

This is too funny that you would post this Cathy as I am looking to buy a new one as well. Mine I have no longer cuts straight and it drives me nuts!

Scrapping Great Deals has a sale on right now where if you spend $100 you get $22 off but they only seem to have the Fiskars paper trimmers and I am hesitant to buy one again as that is the one I have and it just doesn't cut straight. (now it is about 5 years old so I got my use out of it).

I was hoping to find out what Michaels carries and if they have any good ones. I have heard that Provocraft makes a nice one.

Curious to see what others think.

Expert Forum User

I love the fiskars cutter!!!! I also have the one with the swing arm to measure 12x12
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Quote Originally Posted by sydandlogan'smommy View Post
    Scrapping Great Deals has a sale on right now where if you spend $100 you get $22 off but they only seem to have the Fiskars paper trimmers and I am hesitant to buy one again as that is the one I have and it just doesn't cut straight. (now it is about 5 years old so I got my use out of it).
    I had a Fiskars one before my CM one and there is no comparison in quality. I HATE my Fiskars cutter. It never cut straight. I tried my friends' cutters that had the same one and I had the same problem every time.

Expert Forum User

I have a making memories one that I really love, but that is for at home - a little heavy! Will take it on a weekend crop, but not day ones. For shorter crop times I have a Carl. Love the way it cuts. Only thing I do not like is the paper guide does not go up and down. But for a light all plastic one, if cuts really nice. Used to have the provo craft one, and after a while it no longer cut straight!

Expert Forum User

I have the Creative Memories one and I've never had a problem with it.
    Jodie
    Mom to 3 boys (9, 7 and 4) &
    our little girl (born Dec 2013)
    www.brightmindschildcare.ca
    www.jodie.lovablelabels.ca

JeWill, are you going to the SGD crop on Friday? If you are, I would be interested in checking out your Carl cutter if you are bringing it.
    Thanks

Expert Forum User

Oh gosh, I have eight paper cutters. Um, that's a ton. I have three cutters that the blades slide in (fiskars and cutterbee) that aren't bad, but I hate having to buy refills all of the time. I have a carl cutter (rotary blade) that is really nice, but again I have to buy blades for it. I have a guillotine cutter from Stampin' Up that is made by tonic - love that I don't need blades because it's self sharpening. I have two Creative memories cutters as well, and some other brand that is a rotary cutter.

If you're in the market - try to play with them before you buy them.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Banned

I have the Fiskar's triple track cutter. The purple one with metal front.
    I have been scrapbooking for 6 years and worked in a scrapbooking store for 2 years. I have yet to find a trimmer that I love more.
    I did have the cheaper on, the grey one, and liked it, but love this one a lot more!

Hi Kaisa, I'm not sure which one this is....do you have a photo? Thanks for posting.

Banned

Banned

They sell it at Micheals and it is cheap if you use the 40% off coupon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast