Expert Forum User

Default help! How many wet diapers?!

Ok I'll give ya the story... so miss sophie has had runny poops for a very long time. Switched her back to soy milk after trying cows. Well the soy milk has helped but not alot, she was on soy formula up untill 11 months and never a problem. We went to the dr and explained the situation and we are making adjustments to her diet because we are thinking toddler diareah as she does drink alot of fluids - aprrox 12oz every 2-3 hours(mostly milk) plus alot of fruits. The dr has told us that 3 8oz bottles a day should be enough for her age. We have cut her down for 2 days and have been feeding her more food so she doesn't drink as much. She is still drinking a good amount tho.

Heres the problem. She woke up this morning and her diaper was dry. weird... so I check again after breakfast and still that very same diaper which she wore overnight is dry. So I keep checking it and finally at 11 the diaper is a little wet so I change it. After her nap same thing. She has had 2 slightly wet diapers today and I do not believe that is enough. Can someone please tell me the normal amount of wet diapers for an 18 month old?
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

i think i remember ds at that age really slowing down with wet diapers...she may just be controlling her bladder longer or maybe her body is using the fluid to keep up with the poops! if her mouth looks moist and you pinch her skin and it doesn't tent i think your ok to watch and see!

Expert Forum User

ok thank you. It was just a really big shock. The dr told me to limit juice and since then shes hardly peed.
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

i would think he wanted you to limit juice because of the poops...you can give her water if she will drink it or pedialyte but if she is happy with milk too i would just give that....also maybe try some acidophilus or lactobacilus to help get her tummy under control! good luck!