Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La Leche League

Default La Leche League

Can anyone give me detailed information as to the times and places the London La Leche League is held? Once we move to London, I'm very interested in going to some meetings.

I went to the Barrie LLL meetings when my first daughter was born about 3 years ago but have recently found it very hard to attend the meetings with two children (Bedtime is 8 pm for my older daughter!). I have never had any problems BF my daughters (probably because I started attending LLL meetings 4 months before my older daughter was born), but I really enjoy getting together with moms that share the same interests, etc. as me.

I'm also hoping that once we get to London, my parents will be able to babysit my older daughter while I attend the meetings. It'll be so nice having family nearby!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

I just have a sec, but here's some info on the timing:
    For the daytime group:
    http://groups.lllc.ca/view.php?area=...London+Daytime
    For the evening group:
    http://groups.lllc.ca/view.php?area=...London+Evening

When will you be moving to London? Hope to see you there!

I'm moving the end of June. We should be settled in by mid-July, so hopefully I'll be able to make it to the July evening meeting.

I can't believe the daytime LLL meeting is in the Covent Garden Market! (What a busy location!) Are there many that attend that meeting? (I worked in downtown London when the market first was built; I thought it was busy then...is it busier now?)

Quote Originally Posted by chache
    I'm moving the end of June. We should be settled in by mid-July, so hopefully I'll be able to make it to the July evening meeting.

I can't believe the daytime LLL meeting is in the Covent Garden Market! (What a busy location!) Are there many that attend that meeting? (I worked in downtown London when the market first was built; I thought it was busy then...is it busier now?)
    it's upstairs in a private room... I'd say approx 10ish moms plus kids attend... I love the location because I can walk!
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

A bunch of regulars that used to the come to the Wortley Baptist Church group don't come anymore. But, we've got new people come out to the Covent location, so that's always good. Also, with the location being downtown, it's more accessible to everyone... the Church wasn't even on a bus route. I personally love the new location

chache, I hope to meet you in a couple months
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

I love that it's in the market - I get to pick up food on the way home! And if I want to bring snacks I can just come a bit early and buy bananas! (The latter hasn't happened yet because I'm the tardy type... )

I love the new location as well - it is really convenient for those of us who ride the bus (although I'll be able to walk there in three days!). Plus, I can pick up a coffee on the way (and maybe even breakfast if I'm really behind)!!
    Becky
    homeschooling feminist mama

I love buying ripe bananas for the kids after the meeting. Instant healthy snack! It's also nice to chill out there after to have our packed lunch (assuming I have one made).

Janice, would you like to bring a snack for the next meeting? I didn't get around to asking just after the meeting, so I have no one assigned to that yet. It doesn't matter if you come later, really. The kids are usually well-fed before coming, and it's only closer to mid-day that they start wanting to peck.
    Mama to two

Quote Originally Posted by Siana
    Janice, would you like to bring a snack for the next meeting? I didn't get around to asking just after the meeting, so I have no one assigned to that yet. It doesn't matter if you come later, really. The kids are usually well-fed before coming, and it's only closer to mid-day that they start wanting to peck.
    Can it be bananas? :P

After being reminded that you can take the bus, I think that this is what I'd do if going to the daytime meeting. Downtown London driving scares me a bit--I remember that there are a lot of one ways and the parking was quite expensive. ...Yeah, the bus sounds like a great idea and I'm sure my 3 year old would love it!

Older kids are welcome even if they're not breastfed, right? Are there lots of toddlers/preschoolers there? (Just wondering so I know it's OK to bring my 3 year old daughter.)

There are always some older kids there.

yeah.. driving/parking sucks... I almost didn't have enough change to leave last time

Becky- what happens in 3 days??
    Heather.

Quote Originally Posted by bikruca
    I'm not Becky (well, duh!) but she's moving to a downtown location in three days.
    Mama to two

Quote Originally Posted by Siana
    Quote Originally Posted by bikruca
    I'm not Becky (well, duh!) but she's moving to a downtown location in three days.
    YOU'RE NOT BECKY??!!??

:P

cool!

I love being able to walk downtown....
    Heather.

Expert Forum User

Do you have to be a paid member to attend? My mom was an LLL member 30+ years ago and says she doesn't recall a membership fee... Is it somewhat new?

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast