Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Default too Good to be true??

So just a little background first. When C started Jk she became fast friends with M. Well things went well until L and MM were added to the mix. All 3 were blond and C is not so they would exclude her becasue of that. In SK the 4 mostly played together and often things went well and but there was still a little conflict. Everyone wanted to play with M and were mad she liked playing with C the most. This year C an M were in diff classes and each made new friends no problems. M still comes here once a month or so and Camryn doesnt' really play much with L or MM who still play with each other all the time. So anyway.............. if you all still follow me LOL

Camryn came home on Tues and said she has a new friend LY who wanted to play with her all day. She was excited cause LY also said she' wanted to play with C Wed too. LY is also friends with M they are in the same class (not Camryn's)_

So Yesterday M asked Camryn to play with her all recesses. C was really excited and happy cause that was the first time all year that M initiated anything with C. So she played with M but afterschool it was obvious that she had hurt her friend H's feelings cause of this. When we got home we decided she should invite H over to play today. Well when she called they invited her there. So all worked out.

So we had a little talk and said it's great that you have had the chance to play with M again and that LY is your friend now too but you can't forget your other friends H and J. I said that you can ALL play together. I told her that she should just ask them if they'd like to join you, H and J. She said she'd try. So today I picked her up at lunch and she was very excited to tell me that all 5 of them played togther.( well with a few others too) They did again at afternoon recess too. She was really happy to have the chance to play with everyone. Of course I said i told you so LOL!!

I am just hoping it keeps happening and that no one ends up with hurt feelings. Being a girl can be so hard. So do you think it's too good to be true that it can last and all the girls can get along togehter or am I just in dream land cause for once things have gone C's way at school???

Sorry it's so long!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

aww, I'm so glad the friendships are working out!

I just hope it all keeps working out for her!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

lol I remember reading that post in university I think, wasn't it in Logic?
    I never got it then either.

I'm glad things are going well now. I was ver yworried about cliques etc but so far ds hasn't encountered any problems.

Banned

I know how catty girls can be. My oldest DD had some really nasty experiences. She is in grade 7 now and is finally past most of it I hope lol I'm so happy for Camryn and you. I know how stressful it can be on us Moms.

Tan you said it!! I think sometimes it's more stressful for me!!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Okay is anyone having those daymares about those math problems "C is shorter then X and X is taller then P so if...." hehe.

Anyway... back to your question. I am so glad that everyone is playing together hopefully it stays that way
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

LOL all the letters do make it confusing doesn't it LOL

That's great Jenn!!! C must be so happy!!!! I remember those days!!!

A good book to read with her is "Patty and the Pink Princesses." It is a very short book that talks about four little girls, three have blond hair and one has brown. They call themselves the Princesses. The leader of the group declares that Patty is not a real princess becausse she doesn't have brown hair. It is a book to promote discussion about what is fair and what being a friend is all about. I read it to my dd and was surprised at the discussion we had after and how she could relate to it and she is only in JK!

I think it was from Scholastic. I borrowed it from dd's teacher.

It is so hard to protect them from all that little girl drama. I am glad that Cameron and her friends are all getting along right now hopefully it continues for the rest of the year!

Thanks c&c'smom I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the book. Very interesting.