Thread: Reputation 101

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Reputation 101

The Rep system is a quick, easy way to comment on a post directly to the poster or let a poster know that you liked what they had to say. There are no negative or neutral rep options, only positive.

TO GIVE REP: Find a post that you enjoyed. Look to the left of the post at the posters mini-profile section. At the bottom of that section there are symbols. Click on the scale. A box will appear prompting you to comment, if you desire (it's not mandatory) and then "approve this message". It will then thank you for spreading the rep.

Note: there is no anonymity with the Rep System. The person you rep'ed will know you rep'ed them, for what post, and when you did it, as well as any comments.

SPREADING IT AROUND: if you try to give rep to the same person too frequently, you will get a message to spread the rep around instead. This is a default, presumably to prevent mass-reping of the same person by the same person. You will need to rep approximately 5 different people before going back to the first person.

TO CHECK YOUR REP: When you receive rep from another member, you will be notified in your Welcome box at the top right corner of you screen. You can either click on this notification, or go directly to your User CP button (the first option in the blue strip across at the top of the page). Scroll down past any Subscribed Threads and you will see your Latest Reputation Received. It will also show you your total rep points.

It will tell you the thread that you received rep on, the person who rep'ed you, the date/time they rep'ed you and any comments they left. If you click on the thread, it will take you directly to your rep'ed post.

Scroll down further and you will be able to see the rep that you have given to others as well, in Latest Reputation Given.

REP POINTS: Everytime you receive rep, you get points for it. The number of rep points you get depends on the rep'ers Rep Power (see below). No one except you can see the total rep points that you have. You can also check your Total rep points by clicking on the scale in any of your own posts. This will show you what rep has been given for that post (if any) and your total points.

BOXES AND STARS: Although the total rep points you have are something only you can see, there is an outward reflection in the form of green/yellow boxes and/or stars in your mini profile box to the left of all of your posts. The higher your points, the more green or yellow boxes you will accumulate. Once you get a strip of boxes, they will disappear and you will get a star, and the boxes will begin accumulating again. If you put your cursor over the boxes, it will say something funny about you depending on the level you are at.

REP POWER: Above the rows of boxes and stars in your mini profile box beside your posts will be your Rep Power number. This does not in any way reflect your rep points. It is the number of points that you give to someone else when you rep them. The number is based on your total number of posts and the number of years you have been a registered LM member.

Lastly... rep is meant to be fun, not as a popularity contest or something to worry about not having enough of. There's nothing like a virtual pat on the back for a good post.

It is optional though, so if you have no interest in rep, feel free to ignore it completely!
    Last edited by Leslie; 07-29-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Administrator Site Admin

Wow she surely deserves rep for that ladies!! Thanks Turtle!
    Leslie

Banned

Very nice Turtle. I love your Rep 101. I understand completely now.

Thanks turtle! Rep for you! LOL

...except I can't give you rep, cause I have to spread it around first!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    ...except I can't give you rep, cause I have to spread it around first!
    OH! Good call, I forgot about that!

Expert Forum User

Awesome post, thanks for the info!
    Stacey