Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Default Daddies and cloth diapering

I love how I can talk about CDs with my DH. The other day I bought some 2nd-hand bGs (thanks Leigh! ) and when I brought them home, DH said, "Ohh, but do you think the elastics will hold up this time?" LOL 'Cause he remembered that we stopped using them last time because the elastics died. And then I pulled out the infant prefolds and med BSWWs and he says they're his favourite, because they fit so trim. LOL!

I don't think he really likes CDing in general. When I finally stripped our diapers and told him we're going to start using them again, he did the scrunchy face thing and said something whiny. LOL But I just think it's hilarious how I can talk to him about ordering another CD, and he'll be like, "How trim do they fit? Are they really absorbant for the big pees?" LOL!

What about the daddies in your life?

Expert Forum User

Dh was totally fine with it. He is like your hubby.....has no problem changing them, can chat a bit about them. He likes that it has saved us money in the long run, and that we have saved alot of diapers going into landfills. Having said that, I find with baby #2, we tend to use disposables more when we are travelling then we did with #1....I guess less room in the car!
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

My husband is proud that we CD and seems generally happy about it. He even washes them, although he rarely stuffs them. The one thing he is "bad" about with cloth is when she poops, he doesn't rinse it out right way, and when they become crusted (ewww) from sitting in the bathroom for a couple hours, I don't want to touch them! When we first got the cloth he would throughly rinse each one in the sink and treat it. He quickly realized that would be a bit much to do each time!
    We did not use cloth with our first, and I really wanted to do it with our second. My husband was against it, but said he'd support my decision if that's what I really wanted. He was shocked that it was much like a disposable. We use one size pockets and he said he was picturing pins and a sheet of cloth, as was probably the only cloth opinion when we were babies.
    Last edited by Reese'smom; 01-26-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Expert Forum User

DH has no issue with CDing..although he doesn't stuff (mainly because we have so many different styles he doesn't know which insert goes to which diaper) but does everything else. I think he likes the comments/shock he gets when he tells others we CD.
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Not supportive and pretty much the only reason we aren't right now. This is a sore spot with me and I get pissed thinking about why I listened to him.

Expert Forum User

DH likes that we cloth diaper, on his days off it is his job to do the diapering and he has no problems with it. He will listen to me talk about it but doesn't really get involved in the picking out and trying new ones. He will even put them on to wash them.
    DS#1 Dec 06
    DS#2 May 08
    DD#1 Oct 09
    DD#2 Dec 10

Expert Forum User

I've saved soo much money that my dh loves them! He even will wash them and makes an effort to stuff them lol.
    He was unsure at first because we used disposables with our first but he said its worth a try and now is very happy that we did!
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

DH loves it! I even walked up to a conversation between him and the next door neighbour (male) about CDs LOL He thinks it's silly how much time I spend on it, but he loves not buying/tossing sposies.

Expert Forum User

DH is kinda on again off again. He loves showing them off to the neighbours, but doesn't like flicking poops into the toilets. We had a yeast issue a few months ago which he attributed to cloth so he's a bit turned off now (even though our new washer has a lovely sanatize function). We used to be about 100% and now we're more weekend cloth diaper users.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a_bun_in_the_oven View Post
    DH is kinda on again off again. He loves showing them off to the neighbours, but doesn't like flicking poops into the toilets. We had a yeast issue a few months ago which he attributed to cloth so he's a bit turned off now (even though our new washer has a lovely sanatize function). We used to be about 100% and now we're more weekend cloth diaper users.
    Oh mind if I ask what kind of washer you have? Sounds niiice! LOL

I was just talking to my sister and she is going to loan me her cloth diapers I am kind of just fed up with Dh , and I figure I need to make my own decisions, I can't listen to someone else and then be mad at them, it's not really fair to them. So thank's this post made me take some inititive. Thing is he doesn't think it will save money to buy them all but I don't want that on her 24/7 I don't think it is healthy, but problem solved.

go my2babies!

m's dad was anti cd'ing. well initially he was open minded when she was a newborn but the cd's i got sucked, and we switched to sposies. then when she was a year i found out about good cds and wanted to switch back. he objected hardcore, but honestly i did most of the diapering so i told him it was gonna be my decision. he grudgingly did it on his times with her but didnt love it.

now with z, i cloth diaper her but the times he has taken care of her for me he insists on sposies. i said dude it's gonna cost me $15 for a pack of sposies, are you serious? he said it still makes him cheaper than a babysitter. LMAO!!

i totally dont get the cd hate, but whatever.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    Oh mind if I ask what kind of washer you have? Sounds niiice! LOL
    It's a Samsung WF218ANW, we got the matching set for $1600 something at the brick in October. I didn't know what I was going to do once it was too cold to sun my diapers. I think they are actually whiter then in the summer now.

We all had some nasty bug last month and it sure was nice to santize all the bedding (including a king size duvet) and pillows so we wouldn't reinfect.

Expert Forum User

I told my dh when we started that if he didn't like it then when he is caring for her the mornings i sleep in or sick then he can use sposies but I'm the one home with the kids all day and even when he's home I change most of the diapers so I should use what I want to. I buy sposies occasionally if he wants them or if all the diapers are in the wash but I have had the same pack for 2 months and only used half. Still saves money if ya cd part time,
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

We use a diaper service so there's no washing involved and my DH still is not feeling the CD love. He doesn't object vehemently or anything and we love the service but he always gets kind of grumbly when it's time to change the baby because he's very wiggly and it's a lot more effort to put a diaper then cover on a wiggly baby. Plus we have to put several inserts and 2 covers on our nighttime diapers so putting all that together is a bit of a pain.
    But really I think it's easier. We don't have to take stinky diapers down the hall 2X a day to the garbage chute, I don't have to feel guilty about the chemicals or environmental waste of sposies. And lovely Danielle takes away our dirties and brings them back fresh and clean <3. So while DH is grumbly he's definitely all for it too. I'm just too persuasive .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast