Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This playgroup is part of the new parenting and family literacy program. Here is a link to the government site for info. Parenting and Family Literacy Centres > Ministry of Education
    There is an English one that runs at Ealing Public School on Hamilton between Highbury and Egerton, the facilitator there is Kerilyn, and it operates Mon thru Thurs 9AM to 2PM.

These are new programs funded through the school board to help promote early literacy and school readiness.

Expert Forum User

Well, I took my 2 dds today and it was great! They both had lots of fun and I was impressed. It runs 5 days per week but doesn't start until 11:30 on Tuesdays. Other days it starts at 9:30. There are lots of toys, paints, crafts, they do a circle time, snack and the kids even get to play with balls in the school gym. One day per week there is a free lunch for the kids. It is on Friday this week.

Even though it is pretty far for us we are planning to go back next Monday because my kids both had a great time.

Banned

I think I'm going to try and take my girls to this playgroup either tomorrow or Friday. Now with DH at home I have a second pair of hands and a vehicle to get there.

Are there any infants that go to this group? I'm looking for more places for my 6 month old to play with other kids. I am also putting him into french school later on so this place sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by shofhuis View Post
    Are there any infants that go to this group? I'm looking for more places for my 6 month old to play with other kids. I am also putting him into french school later on so this place sounds great!
    I have been going ever since I saw this thread (for 3 weeks now) every Wednesday and I have been loving it! I have seen at least one infant every time I went and today there were 2, so I think it could work for you.... what I really love is that it is not very busy at all and there is no pressure about the french... Jennifer (the "teacher") will help you if you want it and will speak french to the kids, but will also speak english and will speak to you in english. It has been great fun and in only 3 visits my son, who is not even 2 years old yet, already knows how to say "ici" and "merci" and understands what they mean as well as understands other things he hears - it's awesome!!!

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I am thinking we may go tomorrow if anyone wante dto meet up
    Help my Kaitlyn reach her goal of selling 100 boxes of Chocolate Mint Girl Guide cookies. $5 each and we dliver. PM me

http://dawnfitzgerald.myepicure.com/
    But message me directly to order or book and I can get you a special LM deal

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn'sMommy View Post
    I am thinking we may go tomorrow if anyone wante dto meet up
    I can go next week! I am very curious.
    mama to 3

I think I am interested in checking this out... Maybe Monday?? Can you bring a stroller... I have a 3 years old and a 8 month old...

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by kathy33 View Post
    I think I am interested in checking this out... Maybe Monday?? Can you bring a stroller... I have a 3 years old and a 8 month old...
    We're likely going to go next Monday too. It is on the second floor and I don't think there is an elevator. My 3 yo walks upstairs and I carry my younger one.

Hi! The playgroup isn't really apart of the school which is why I'm guessing the receptionist (who doesn't speak much english) didn't know what you were talking about. It's also called a literacy program or something of that nature. You can drop in whenever...it runs from 9:30-1:30 Mon-Fri....excpet I think that Tues are from 11:30-3:30. They are very friendly. When you get to the school....buzz "la tamise" and then when you go in...go up the stairs and it's in a classroom on the left straight ahead of you.

Thanks for the info! :0) It sounds great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12