Expert Forum User

Default I'm in a desperate situation.

As some of you have read, My dp and I are facilitating the Marriage Prep course for our church. And it's so not goign to plan. Everyone wants to keep it the same way it's been for 10+ years, no one is doing anything but their bare share and I'm getting sick and tired of being told no! (Sorry flamingogirl, not you). I get a phone call from a couple that has been helping for a few years (I have no idea how many) and says "well since you need help, we've arranged our schedules to help you" Ok, that's great, thanks. Why do they insist on saying things like that instead of just stopping at 'we heard you need some help, here we are'. So I'm now putting it to you ladies; I need three married couples (one part of the couple has to be catholic is all that matters) that is willing to donate some or all of their time the first weekend of February. I need one couple to speak saturday morning about spirituality in their marriage and stick around to answer some questions (you can stick around longer if you'd like, but Id need you to be there saturday morning), I need a couple to do a talk on the 4 gifts of marriage (I have an outline for you) sunday after lunch and I need a couple to donate their time friday night, saturday till 4pm and sunday till 4pm to lead the small groups in discussions after all the talks. I know this is alot to ask and I know it's very short notice but it's either ask now or have the whole thing scraped and leave 14 engaged couples that want to get married in a Catholic church out in the cold with no where to go, and therefore can't get married. It sucks, I know, but I have no where else to turn. I've called every catholic church in this city and no one is able to help. ahhhh!! TIA to everyone who reads this, I truly appreciate your support, no matter how small

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

I am catholic (do not go to church anymore havent since I was small) and my DH is anglican. I would love to help but I can't unfortunately.

Hope you can find someone... does everyone have to find a couple or is just you guys? We took the marriage prep course (in BC) and I dont remember it being this complicated
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Expert Forum User

It's more complicated because that's the way it's always been. It's more of an organizers nightmere right now. We were given this portfolio in November. So needless to say, that's not alot of time. Thanks for even considering it Mommy2Cuties, it does mean alot. I'm at this point just going to keep my fingers crossed and pray this whole thing works out.

My parents are practicing Catholics so I'll mention this to them. Which Church is it at?
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley

Expert Forum User

Siana;
    Sent you a pm

I asked my parents. My mom's schedule is very packed till the end of March. My mom asked a friend - her husband can't volunteer, but she can!

Have you had any couples from elsewhere step forward yet to help out?

Good luck mama. I hope this resolves soon.
    Mama to two
    Etsy store: Merry Medley