Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default Ever look at your stash and think...

Have you ever looked at your diaper or carrier stash and thought to yourself... I have way too much!

I decided since my EDD is coming up (6.5 weeks away) and I told my sister who is due 4 weeks after me that I would loan her enough cloth diapers to get her going, that it was high time I went through them all.

Well, I started and holy hell I have way too freaking much! Here I was, worried I wouldn't have enough for both her and me but now I'm thinking I could diaper a small army of babies!!! Not only that but this is only about 50% of my stash since I left the others for my use at my parents' place for when I visit.

I've actually just bought 1 doz prefolds and 6 new Thirsties covers. On top of that, I have Leigh knitting me 2 wool shorties and friend making me a pair of longies... WTH was I thinking?!?!

I knew what I bought new (mainly Kushies AIOs) but I forgot all the diapers that I bought used or were gifted to me or that were FFS.

In Kushies AIOs alone I have:
    31 infant AIOs
    6 toddler AIOs
    6 medium pull ups
    4 large pull ups
    10-12 cotton soaker/liners
    4 rolls of disposable liners

I'm loaning my sister the Indisposable stash of:
    17 infant fitteds
    4 covers
    12-15 plastic pull up covers
    plus 20 or so Kushies/Cuddlers infant fitteds

I don't even want to count what's in the next stage diaper but it's taking up a whole lot of room in my house!!!

I don't even want to think about my carriers.

Talk about baby brain

MM
    *sigh*

Breastfeeding Success Essentials:
    SUPPORT ~ EDUCATION ~ DETERMINATION

Beat the "Booby Traps" to Breastfeeding Success!

~The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'~

~Do or Do Not. There is no try.~
    Yoda

Expert Forum User

No. You can never have too many diapers. lol

You're awesome to part with some for your sister though.

Expert Forum User

I wish I had too many lol my stash is still not very big and half don't even fit my daughter. Question since you have alot of carriers and I know nothing about them, Is there any that hold large baby's(30lb +)?
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

Yes, my diaper stash is too large. And I only use very little of it. DH will only use BG OS - I've got a dozen of those, that is what we use.

I need to purge in a big way. All of my smalls are lent out, the prefolds that i dont used are boxed and yet I still have 3laundry baskets of stuff taking over my house. I've got maybe 15-20 fb's that need elastic that are in my office/sewing room plus 50 pockets that currently fit. The worst part is - we only are using BG OS right now.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Well I don't have any diaper stash, though I'm thinking of trying cloth for this baby and will be looking at some of the start up kits or the second hand ones (lady at Vesta gave me a brand name and now I can't remember, Mother's Own?).

My carrier stash is slowly growing though. We have an ergo and wrap and soon (thanks to you!!) we'll have a ring sling too. Now to get practicing!
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

I have waaay too many diapers. I don't use them all though. I find myself reaching for my prefolds whenever they are available, and I've been ignoring my fancier stuff. Love love love prefolds this time around. I should sell some or something.

Carriers, well I have a whole basket full, but each has a function and is used regularly. I have a ringsling, wraps of various sizes, and a mei tai. Not a day goes by tho that I don't use a carrier, often several carriers. So... I wouldn't say it's too many. In fact I will probably end up with more. LOL! The only one I could do without is my Girasol shorty as it's too short for me to do some carries with. I should sell it to a non plus size mama.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by aidensmom View Post
    Well I don't have any diaper stash, though I'm thinking of trying cloth for this baby and will be looking at some of the start up kits or the second hand ones (lady at Vesta gave me a brand name and now I can't remember, Mother's Own?).
    Mother's Touch?
    Mother Ease?
    Last edited by a_bun_in_the_oven; 01-21-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Ooh, maybe its Mother's Touch, she said they're really good and you can buy second hand easily and they're easy to sell too.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

I actually stopped CDing when I started back at school. So really any diapers in DD's size are too many. And we have a change table freaking covered in them, like they're piled up high on the top and the shelf is full. Once in awhile an avalanche starts. Mostly premium prefolds though, so they do take up a lot of room. I recently stripped a bunch of dipes and I'm hoping to get back into CDs. Maybe they will encourage my approaching-3-year-old to take an interest in the potty. LOL!

I think my carrier stash is pretty reasonable. A stretchy wrap, 2 MTs (one is solarveil, so it does serve a unique purpose), a ring sling that I don't especially like, and... I think that's it? Oh yeah, I have another MT at Siana's getting fixed.
    Again, don't really use them with DD anymore, but holding onto them for next time.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

LOL is it bad that I thought this thread was about something TOTALLY different... it must be all the recent threads started about drug use that has tainted my mind LOL.
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Expert Forum User

I have just enough diapers...right now I think I have 14smalls and 14 one sized and 15 mediums...oh and about five more in the mail. I do diaper laundry every 4 days. I've also got 4doz wipes..half have never been used.

Carriers we've got the babyhawk, Ergo, Ring Sling, and now a mommymade gauze wrap in the mail.

Everytime I order something I tell myself that is enough..but as soon as I'm on diaperswappers or thebabywearer I end up ordering more...Is there a way to block those sites from my computer for awhile????
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Skye.S View Post
    I wish I had too many lol my stash is still not very big and half don't even fit my daughter. Question since you have alot of carriers and I know nothing about them, Is there any that hold large baby's(30lb +)?
    Depends on your needs. I carry my DS who is about 32-ish lbs over my 7month pregnant belly in my very much adored RS. We really should get together so I can show you a few different carriers and I can see about loaning you the bigger diapers in my stash.

I had planned to bring the toddler size ones back to leave at my parents' for my sister for future use but that won't be for another year (I'm guessing) yet anyhow. Would pull up styles work for you? Are you fussy about brand? How old is your DD? What is her current waist size and rise? I'll hold back bringing them to my parents' and see if you want to borrow them if you like.

Can you believe with us being the only two "East Coast Living London Moms" that we've not even met? Ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by mamabear View Post
    ...but holding onto them for next time.
    Now see that's been me for the last few years. Waiting for the next one so we can finally start getting rid of stuff permanently.

Feeling a bit better since I just reclaimed a little space in our basement closet, hallway and garage simply by recycling a few boxes!

MM
    *sigh*

Yoda

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Cuties View Post
    LOL is it bad that I thought this thread was about something TOTALLY different... it must be all the recent threads started about drug use that has tainted my mind LOL.
    Yup that's bad That one never even occurred to me!

MM
    *sigh*

Yoda

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Mommymanda View Post
    Carriers we've got the babyhawk, Ergo, Ring Sling, and now a mommymade gauze wrap in the mail.

Everytime I order something I tell myself that is enough..but as soon as I'm on diaperswappers or thebabywearer I end up ordering more...Is there a way to block those sites from my computer for awhile????
    Oooh so you got an Ergo in the end? Which one? Where?

I pretty certain that the massive stash and everything else baby that I bought PP kept me from experiencing PPD. I think it was a shopping version of PPP I had to stop going on places like Kijiji and the like until I was well out of that stage.

MM
    *sigh*

Yoda

Banned

I was very restrained. I have about 36 prefolds and 20 or so covers in different sizes and that's it. Originally that was for two children but now I am down to just one.

Carrier-wise I just have my MT. I used to have a gauze wrap but gave it away once J was over 6 months - just didn't feel secure enough any more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast