Thread: I'm back lol

Default I'm back lol

I know I know no one likely noticed I was out of comission for a little over a day lol
    So Monday C was sick and then Tuesday he was fine TUesday afternoon we got a call that X was throwing up at school so we went and got him and then Tuesday evening it started with me ...X and I both were horrible yesterday but today I am feeling almost 100% better and X is still just lazying around but is feeling a little better (there has been no thrwoing up since yesterday morning which is good) It was so bad with X that he was pooping in his undies and didn't even know he was Poor kiddo slept most of the day away yesterday and then went to sleep at 5pm last night and slept right until 7:30 this morning....
    This was the worst I have felt in well forever....This was a horrible bug....and our Doctor's office has told us that whoever got the flu shot it didn't cover this strain of flu.... I am thankful I didn't get the flu shot this year if this was what was going to happen anyway ykwim...
    Last edited by Becks; 01-15-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    Becky Mom to X and C

That's horrible! I hope your kiddos feel better soon!!

They've messed up on the flu shot 5 of the last 7 years. Really makes you want to run out and get one. They do say that it offers some cross protection though... not in my experience.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

That's awful but glad you all are feeling better.
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2Cuties View Post
    That's awful but glad you all are feeling better.
    awww thanks Nic, yea today is going to be a very lazy day X is still just laying on the sofa and sleeping on and off....and C still isn't eating as much as he normally would(but he has his energy back lol) but we are slowly coming around no more puking or pooping is the main thing eh...
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post

They've messed up on the flu shot 5 of the last 7 years. Really makes you want to run out and get one. They do say that it offers some cross protection though... not in my experience.
    Every single year that I've gotten a flu shot, I've gotten the flu.

This year I already had this type of flu that has been described by 2boysmom and now mommy0519. I really hope that it is the one that I've already had, and that I don't get it again. Because you honestly consider welcoming Death, it's so bad... ugh. Sorry you and your boys had to go through it

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKK View Post

See this is what makes me doubt the flu shot now eh...and I was one of those ppl that got the flu shot every year yk....gahhhh I am just glad the worst of everything was over with each of the boys within 12-24hrs....
    Becky Mom to X and C

Quote Originally Posted by amyunicorn View Post
    Because you honestly consider welcoming Death, it's so bad... ugh. Sorry you and your boys had to go through it
    Yup I agree I felt like death.....
    and I do have to say something very sad and I told my friend this too on Monday when C was so sick I told her at one point he was lying on the floor he looked like a dead person (his face was that grey color, and his lips looked wilted ykwim???) it was so bad I know probably not what you wanted to hear but when I looked at him that's all I could see yk..
    I am off to do some much needed cleaning, and laundry but thank you ladies for all the well wishes I really really appreciate them
    Last edited by Becks; 01-15-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    Becky Mom to X and C

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I am still getting over tis stomach bug you and your family had and it is the sickest I have been! My back and tummy are still killing me and I have lost 3lbs since yesterday. I barely had anything to eat yesterday but have had a bit of food today. I hope I never get this one again! My whole family has had it; I was just the last one to be so lucky to get it! It absoutely exhausts the hell out of you too eh? I have barely been able to keep my eyes open, let alone do anything else.