Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default leaving baby carrier in the car

Okay my LO is fast approaching 13 lbs and it is becoming increasingly difficult to lug him around in his baby carrier to and from the house when going out in the car. However I do find it convenient to load him up in the house where it is warm and then take him out to the car.
    We live in a townhouse and don't have a driveway out front so I don't have the option of warming up the car before heading out with DS.
    At what point did you call it quits with lugging your LO in the baby carrier and just leave it installed in the car? And did that change the way you dress them for going out?

Expert Forum User

We carried ours until she was almost 8 months. At that time she was almost 17 lbs. You can also get a strap that hooks onto them and then goes over your shoulder. I saw them this week at Tummies to Tots. We had a JJ Cole, so we never used a snow suit for her.

Expert Forum User

i took both kids out by 6 months if not early for the 1ST...thy were too heavy or long...

My youngest DD still goes from apartment to car and she is 8 months and about 18 pounds. I will continue till she moves to the next carseat, its too cold to do it the otherway.

DD was out of her baby seat at 5 months for sure...I'm thinking it was earlier than that though (pardon the babybrain). She grew ridiculously fast and was super tall. She is much more comfortable in her convertible seat. I could never have lugged her around in that baby seat for this long!

We live in a townhouse too, and we just dress her up and take her out.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

My oldest was in hers until 10 months. I stopped lugging it in the house when she was about 8 months. It was summer by then anyway.( she was only 18lbs at a yr) My youngest was out of it by 5 months cause she was too long. I wouldn't have been lugging her around at 8 months no way! She was a bigger baby to start!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

I had a c-section with my oldest and used a stroller to carry it everywhere right from the beginning (we were in a townhouse too). At stores I'd park close to the cart corel so I could grab one before going into the store. He outgrew the length at 3 months anyway.

My youngest HATED his infant seat. I left it in the car from day one. I wore him everywhere. He was a summer baby so I didn't have to worry about warmth. We put him rearfacing early (2.5 months) and he didn't cry as much.

I'd get your LO a fleece suit or jacket/pants combination for the times you want to leave the carseat behind.

Expert Forum User

I think I took DS#2 out of it by 4 months and just put him in the stroller. The carrier was way to heavy with him in it too carry.

Expert Forum User

DS#1 was in the safe seat being loaded in the house, then carried out until 13 months.

Expert Forum User

DD is 21lbs (17mo) and we still generally take the infant carrier where ever we go. She's in a safe seat and has plenty of room to grow in it.

We have a nice frame stroller for out and about if she's sleepy, though if we know she's going to want to walk etc in the store then we just leave the car seat in the van.

Expert Forum User

Ha ds #2 is 18lbs and it's just about killing me carrying him in the seat.
    I have 4 boys ages 7, 5, and 3 and newborn

Expert Forum User

Both boys were out of it by 6 months because of height but ds1 was 21lbs at that point. I didn't want him in a snowsuit in his carseat and we didn't have a garage though so I kept him in it until the weather warmed up (May). I only carried it to and from the house/store and then took him out as it was way to heavy to carry him in it (he never liked being in it either!).

we just switched DDs seat to the convertable one.. it is sooo much easier!
    I am too weak to lug her around in the carrier. Now we dress her in a one piece suit that is MUCH lighter than a snowsuit but not bulky enough to change the safety of the car seat.
    We cover her face when walking from the house to the car or vice versa.
    She is so much happier now that she's not crammed into her carrier seat.. and she`s only 7 months yesterday.

Expert Forum User

I had my ds in the carrier ubtil a few weeks ago. He is 8 months now and is almost 20 lbs and almost 30 inches. He out grew it. My dd we had her in it till she was about a year. She was really tiny.
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Expert Forum User

DS#1 was out of the infant seat by 5 months for length. DS#2 was out of the infant seat by 4 months for length too plus he was getting too heavy to lug around so I used my active baby bjiorn to carry in and out of the car.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast