Default Maybe staying home

So I am looking at possibly quitting my job and staying home with the kids. But before I make a decision like that, I need to find out information on what kind of income supplements/assistance I might qualify for (if any). Does anyone know what options/avenues I can check out for this? I already get the $200 under age 6 thing, but everyone does. What else is out there to help single/lower income families? I'm sure this has all been posted before, but there's so many pages in these forums - I don't know where it would be!
    Thanks in advance!
    Christine

If you're a single parent you could always look in-to geared to income housing, or welfare if you want to stay-at-home!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

I don't know of anything, but I just wanted to wish you good luck!
    If you're interested in subsidized housing you can apply at Dundas and Colborne at the Housing Access Center, although the waiting list is a couple of years long. If you're going to do that check out the places you're applying for first, because some of the neighbourhoods aren't that great, and call the Housing Access Center first to ask them what you need to apply.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

we get a supplment for working families, its not alot but its about $30 a month and we do get the child tax, you get that right? and you did say the $100 under 6 so you get $200??? Umm i cant think of anything else right now!

But i wish you good luck, its going to take getting use to for the first bit. But for us it was the best deciecion that we made at this time!

Were here for you if you need to talk!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

good luck with your decision
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Expert Forum User

Good luck... I just quit my job on march 31st... it was hard decision but I am so glad I did it... ultimately done for my daughters health reasons. So I guess the decision wasn't that hard but it did weigh on my mind for a long time. I am so happy now... I can't help you with the financial stuff but for us we are living differently in my eyes.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Huron & Highbury... Betcha can't guess what city though!!

Honestly I don't know that there is anything else, besides CCTB, and the 100$... apart from that I guess if you don't know if you can afford to stay home its perhaps not the best idea, for right now. I'm not trying to be rotten, but I personally disagree with people who choose to go on welfare or live in geared to income housing because they don't want to work... (I'm not saying you're doing that or considering that so please don't take offence - but I do know many people who choose that avenue)

Quite frankly, staying at home with our children is a luxury that many of us simply can't afford - I know I would love to, but there's just no way I could afford to.

Perhaps consider working part-time - you'd still have an income, but get to spend lots of time with the little ones
    Mama to 3 active, beautiful, energetic, and always entertaining children.

DD ~ K ~ April 22, 2005
    DS1 ~ K ~ May 17, 2007
    DS1 ~ K ~ July 23, 2010