Expert Forum User

Default Forest City Community Church

I just wanted to let everyone know that Forest City community Church is starting a new series called "Hope in Uncertain Times" and I wanted to encourage anyone who is looking for a church to come check it out. Its a fantastic church....non traditional, come as you are type church. Here's the link-

http://www.fccc.ca

Expert Forum User

I heard them on the radio this evening. Sounds like a very inspirational place to be. I hope it fits some of the LM's lifestyles. We have a church, but I will keep this in mind.

Banned

I heard the pastor on the radio this morning. I thought it sounded wonderful really if I was looking for that type of thing. I would encourage anyone looking to try it out though, he sounded very down to earth and easy to talk to.

i was seriously considering checking this church out. Currently we do not belong to a church. How does this church work, do i make arrangements to go in ahead of time to meet with someone? I will be going myself w/the 2 kids...My DH doesn't go to church. Would love some info, the church looks really great on the website, exactly what i am looking for.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by e & c's mommy View Post
    i was seriously considering checking this church out. Currently we do not belong to a church. How does this church work, do i make arrangements to go in ahead of time to meet with someone? I will be going myself w/the 2 kids...My DH doesn't go to church. Would love some info, the church looks really great on the website, exactly what i am looking for.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Banned

I got the impression from the radio ad that you just show up. They are having two special services this Sunday - 9:30 and 11:15 - and they are specially designed for people thinking about joining church. Or that is the impression I got.

Expert Forum User

Oh yes! For those of you that are considering it, what have you got to lose? This is the church we go to and we LOVE it. I feel a great sence of community there and look forward to every Sunday. Totally come as you are (and get a coffee on your way in, now that is MY kind of church! LOL) Even my kids look forward to going into their programs. The services are upbeat and modern. The message always relates to todays real life and really gets you thinking. There is a large child care program so it is nice to have that hour just to focus on something for yourself, while the kdis are doing kids things.

Let me know if you do go. I'd love to meet for coffee after the service. We go to 1115.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by e & c's mommy View Post
    How does this church work, do i make arrangements to go in ahead of time to meet with someone? I will be going myself w/the 2 kids...
    I often go by myself too as DH works. I take my 2 into their area, which is "adventure land" and designed for each age group. Just ask a greeter when you come in. Someone will be happy to direct you. The program is wonderful for the children. Mine always have fun. You get a pager if you children are little and they can notify you if the child needs you.

PM if you want to come and I'll sit with you! We'll meet in the atrium, where they sell coffee just before the 1115 service.
    Last edited by lilabelle; 01-08-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Expert Forum User

Yup, just show up. I go alone a lot too since dh works. We go to the 9:30 service. Its so great. I've been going for almost 2 years and have never been disappointed in a service ever. Like Lila's mum said, grab a coffee where your jeans...no worries, its great.

Banned

Just noticed this thread, FCCC is a great church. I've been to many churches and I can honestly say that the pastor at FCCC is the gentlest sounding man who speaks from the heart, and the youth pastor is as much down to earth as the senior pastor. I've been in tears more often than not after a sermon by either of them, they really know how to speak to the spirit. Our girls get confiscated before we register them which is cool in Adventureland, we just hope they're willing to give them back after the service. We go to the 11:15 service.