Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Default I need your help..

So my hubby and I are organizing the Marriage prep weekend at our church. As always we're running short of people, specifically married couples, to help put this thing together. So I guess I'm asking of anyone would be interested in helping engaged couples through this weekend or be willing to speak at some point during the weekend about a specific topic. I'm looking for two more couples to help lead teh engaged couples and 4 more people to speak at some point during the weekend. It's Feb. 6-8, 2009. TIA!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

What religion is it?

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    What religion is it?
    LOL, you know I never thought to put that in.. It's for a Catholic Church. However there are multiple religions being represented during this weekend. In the Catholic Church you must complete a marriage prep course before you are married. Some choose to go the "couples counselling" way (that's the route recommended to us by our priest), or they go for the group setting. That group setting is what we're arranging. Only one partner has to be Catholic for this process to take place. It helps kind of open communication from the beginning.

Where is it, what church?

M2M

Im not married but I hope you find some couples willing to help! smart idea asking here.

I think that these are great ideas for engaged couples, although I must admit I am totally thinking of license to wed, and the way things were done in that movie! lol

Expert Forum User

LOL, to be honest, I wish they'd be a little more proactive as far as couples getting married though. I see so many people getting divorced. I was almost one of them. It makes me a little sad inside that my parents who have been married for years (31 this sept) are teh exception to the rule, instead of the status quo. And I know for a fact their life together was no damned walk in the park. Momof2DS, I sent you a pm.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! eversoclever's Avatar

Would you need both myself and my dh to attend? I'd be interested in helping, but dh has a pretty tight schedule.

Expert Forum User

I'd love the help, even to just get stuff together and printing stuff off. But the weekend itself is for couple's. Sorry hon. If you think he could spare a couple hours sometime during the weekend, we'd love to have you both.

Quote Originally Posted by eversoclever View Post
    Would you need both myself and my dh to attend? I'd be interested in helping, but dh has a pretty tight schedule.
    Oh yay! I'm hoping we can do it too...just checking our schedule! That would be fun if we all helped...
    Mama to TWO little sweetie pies!!

For sure! I'll talk to dh tonight and see what his schedule looks like. This would be fun!

Expert Forum User

OOOhhhh, I would love to, can you please pm me the weekend? I'm thinking that it is this weekend. And what church. I LOVED our marriage prep class (4 years ago) and I go sooo much out of it (it was with the Catholic Church as DH is Catholic and I am not). I wished that some of the married couples that spoke with us were of two different denominations (like us) and plan on attending a Catholic church and raising children in the Catholic church. I could ramble on and on about this, but I won't (right now)

Let me know.

Oh wait! Neither of us are Catholic, missed that detail in your post. Whoops!

Just wondered what the weekend entails, what would they have to do. Do the couples have to stay over.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Momof2DS View Post
    Just wondered what the weekend entails, what would they have to do. Do the couples have to stay over.
    The weekend runs from friday night 6:30-10pm, Saturday 9:30am-4:00pm and Sunday 10:30am (mass)-4:00pm. The only people that would require a full commitment to the whole weekend are our lead married couples. They will be the one's to walk the engaged couples through the small discussions and really get in touch with the couples in their small group. Then there are couples that present a chat, or open discussion on particular topics that they choose from our list. The couples presenting topics only have the time commitment of the topic, a couple of hours out of the weekend. We have two couples doing chats right now, we need 4 more. We currently have one lead couple, and need 2 more.
    I want to thank everyone who has expressed interest, it really is great to have the support, even if it is just asking questions.

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Quote Originally Posted by eversoclever View Post
    For sure! I'll talk to dh tonight and see what his schedule looks like. This would be fun!
    Ur Catholic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast