Default Odour! Odour! Odour in the court!

LOL!
    Anyways, if you can't guess, I have a slight odour problem... well, not me personally, er, on my person... but an odour nonetheless.
    See, I have this great, heavy canvas bag that I would really love to use, but it stinks! It's older, and kinda musty and I just can't get the stink out of it. I have washed it several times and Febreezed the heck out of it, but the smell lingers.
    So, any suggestions as to how I can bust this nasty smell??

TIA!
    pickles

Expert Forum User

On our NEXT nice / slightly warm all sunny day - set it outside. The sun should help bleach/air it out. Not a guarantee - but it should help.

Next time you do wash it - put white vinagar in the water - 1 cup should be enough.

I know there is a couple of other things you can try as well - but Im having a brain drain right now. :?
    “A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
    it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”- Helen Rice

I had read somewhere online (when I was searching on how to remove smoke odour) to put baking soda in the washing machine. I haven't tried it as I wasn't trying to wash something that could fit in a washing machine.

Just a tip, DO NOT mix the pps! Unless you would like a science experiment to go off in the wash!LOL Just got a mental image
    Mary
    Enjoy everyday - they go by way too fast!

Stuff it with newspapers and seal in a plastic bag for a few days...it will absorb most of the smell...works wicked with shoes too
    "If you get a headache do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two and keep away from children."