Default LO going to bed with a bottle

Are there any moms out there that did/do put their LO's in bed with a bottle? And if so how can you stop them? My LO wont go to sleep in bed without a bottle, and he's not the type that will fall asleep on anyone or anywhere other than crib or carseat/carride but he wakes up once you move him tho. My biggest worry is it giving him ear problems.

Expert Forum User

I followed the techniques by The BabyWhisperer. Great book! Get the bigger book, it says something like "The BabyWhisper Solves All Your Problems"....or something like that. Whenever we have had an issue, her techniques have never let us down. There is also a website if you want to check out the forums there first...www.thebabywhisperer.com
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

My friend who is a DENTAL HYGIENIST did that. It goes "against" all the rules, but that's the only thing that settles her LO. Could you try water instead?

I just watched a segment on "The Mom Show" about this, and Nanny Robina on there said that if all else fails, do the 48 hour tantrum. That is, go cold turkey. Just stop the bottle, and don't give in! After just a couple of nights, it will be over. It worked for friends of mine, although it wasn't a bottle, it was the soother, but it was the same sense of attachment and their daughter wouldn't go to sleep without it either. After a couple of nights she was over it and sleeping just fine without it.

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    I just watched a segment on "The Mom Show" about this, and Nanny Robina on there said that if all else fails, do the 48 hour tantrum. That is, go cold turkey. Just stop the bottle, and don't give in! After just a couple of nights, it will be over. It worked for friends of mine, although it wasn't a bottle, it was the soother, but it was the same sense of attachment and their daughter wouldn't go to sleep without it either. After a couple of nights she was over it and sleeping just fine without it.
    The techniques by the BabyWhisperer are less stressful than this! Not that there won't be crying and whatnot, but why stress your baby like that! And yourself!!!
    ~Cheryl~
    cherylb.acndirect.com

Expert Forum User

I'd be more worried about cavities than ear problems. I teach a few kids who have had all 8 front teeth removed and all molars capped because of baby bottle mouth.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I never put baby to bed with anything usually but occassionally if she's teething or has a cough I'll give her a bottle of water only.

I've found the babywhisperer techniques to be helpful, though dd still has her soother. We got rid of it for a few days but then we didn't follow through when she got fussy. Hard to give up easy bedtimes and full nights sleep for the matter of a soother in bed only.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    I'd be more worried about cavities than ear problems. I teach a few kids who have had all 8 front teeth removed and all molars capped because of baby bottle mouth.
    I've taken care of these LO's after having their teeth removed. It's such an awful thing for them to go through for sure, so I would definitely try to get away from milk in the bottle.