Expert Forum User

Default ovulation post D&C

just wondering if anyone has any idea??? I had a miscarriage requiring a D and C at 8 weeks.... I bled lightly for a week proir... i read that you can still ovulate 14 days after a miscarraige but do i count the week before the surgery??? we are hoping to get pregnant right away again... and I think I might be late, but i am too nervous too take a test

thanks

Expert Forum User

After each of my 3 d&c's it took about 6 weeks to get af back (for a normal m/c). When you ovulate would be affected by how your hcg drops after the d&c and how high it was too start. If it was really low and dropped quickly you would ovulate faster than if it was very high and dropped slowly or any combination of these. When I had my molar pregnancy I didn't ovulate until the last week of August and I had my d&c the first week of May. After one d&c I still had enough hcg for a faint bfp 5 weeks later and got af at 6 weeks. I hope this makes sense and helps at least a little. When did you have your d&c? Did your dr follow your do serial beta's to follow your hcg to negative? Anyway, I hope you get your bfp with a sticky bean! Good luck!
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley

Expert Forum User

Default ovulation post d&c

I started bleeding lighting a week before the actually d and c and my ultrasound to confirm the MC was 2 days before the D&C... my hcg was 29,000 at 8 weeks whick was on the lower side for that gestation, my labs dropped in 1 week to 16.... currently my boobs r killing me which never happens with a period and i have some lower back ache..... I am just wondeering if i should count the day of the of the surgery or the 1st day i started bleeding.....
    I had a MC before my son at 5 weeks and found out i was preggers agian within 2 weeks... I am really hoping it goes this way again... thanks

Expert Forum User

I would count the day of d&c as the first day since that would technically be when you m/c'd. I really hope you get your bfp! I am poas pusher but I'm trying to improve on that so I won't tell you to test, but I'd probably have tested a few times by now. Good luck!
    Alicia
    Mommy to Summer, Avery, and Bentley