Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User

I only shedded a tear for the hamster when it went as it upset my kids. I was actually so glad not to be cleaning that cage one more time. (it quickly made its way out of the house, never to been seen again).

Been through a few kitties, dogs/ puppies (as breeders), birds and many fish. As hard as having one 'killed' (1 cat, 1 dog) on the road, I find it heart wrenching to have them 'put down', even it its for the best. But... does that stop me from going out and having another 4 legged freind back into my heart... nope.

Expert Forum User

poor kitty!
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Banned

Aww, that poor woman! Pets are such special members of a family and M2C, kitty is doing pretty well, you're still always welcome to come and snuggle with her, she seems to be a bit better these last couple of weeks too and she's warm, full tummy and isn't outside where she can get hurt. She's doing great for an elderly lady!

Leaving a card would be so kind of you!

Amy you should DEFINITELY leave a card.. the emotion you are feeling right now and 'anonymous' support would be so helpful to her.
    This isn't meant to make you feel bad.. because I think you were in an incredibly difficult situation that very few of us would know how to handle... but it will help her A LOT to just have that extra little touch of kindness.

This is going to sound incredibly odd without the background story... but a few years ago my dog fell off of our apartment building roof.. it was facing Dundas st.. so it was VERY busy.. I was absolutely HYSTERICAL (I didnt have kids then.. and that dog was my baby) absolutely bawling my eyes out, making quite the spectacle of myself and not a single person stopped or did anything but stare at us for half an hour. (I didnt know what to do with her so I just stood there with her)
    luckily the manager from crabby joe's came out to help and was very kind. (i think an employee went to get him to deal with me lol)
    but I know that just the very few things he said and did for me helped A LOT.- I still think of it everytime I walk by the restaurant and I know for sure that just giving a little card with the few words some OP suggested would be like the biggest warmest hug to her.
    I will mean an extra lot coming from a stranger. It might seem odd... but its sad that we think an act of kindness like that be taken as stalkerish lol. (I completely understand where you're coming from on that one)

p.s - KEEP YOUR CATS INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I know for a FACT that if the guy had not been with her and gone over to her and the cat, I would have gone up to her and asked what I could do to help. I am writing a card for her tonight and I will drop it off in the morning on the way to school.

foximamma I'm so sorry about your dog. I hate the deer-in-the-headlights reaction that people sometimes do. I saw a dog get hit by a car when I was in grade 6 and I stayed with the dog until some caring person stopped their car, ran out with a blanket and took the dog to the vet. I cried my way to school, hoping that dog recovered, but I would never have just walked away.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Poor kitty. That would probably really bother me.

I wouldn't leave a card though. I don't want to be rude or anything, but didn't a stranger put a card in your mailbox before about your pet and you thought it was creepy/stalkerish?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12