Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by B&W'sMama View Post
    No, but it was at a walk in. I should have known better.

Call the walk in today. Ask to speak to the clinic manager. When the manager gets on the phone ask them what to so about a complaint.

I had a really bad run in with a doctor a few years back. The doc ended up sending me an apology letter with follow up from the manager. Not only did I get the apology but he admitted to the mistakes and to his lack of appropriate care.

I would be sure that his bedside manner did not go unreported. When any doctor behaves the way he did you can call him on his behaviour. You can just say I think you've done enough you are aggravating the situation....you are not helping the exam is over leave!!! We do not owe the doc anything.

I am sorry that you LO experienced that. Keep us posted.
    moving sucks

Another thing you can do is post on http://www.ratemds.com

You can also see ratings others put on there for any doctor.

I am sorry your daughter went through what she did. I would definitely contact the head of that clinic and the other site mentioned too.
    Jen
    Jenuwyn - previously known as KnCmama

Expert Forum User

omg I hope your little one is ok! how awful!
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Let me know how the appt goes today please. Hope your kiddos are feeling better.
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

that's disgusting. Poor thing, Im sorry that that happened. Do these Dr's not realize that a bad dr visit can scar a child for a long time???

on a side note.. I would be careful.. my daycare kids(same age) had hand foot and mouth disease (ive heard its going around a lot) .. which sounds like it could be what your daughter has.. and in which case.. I would be even more pissed with that Dr because it can be VERY painful if it's in their mouths. My son would SCREAM when he tried to suck his thumb.

I hope you've gotten the sources you need to get this addressed. That dr's behaviour was inexcusable

My DH is on his way home from work to take her in to our family dr....she has sores on her tongue now....I'm sure it's hand foot and mouth.

I am livid with this doctor......my DD already has anxiety with Dr's as she had a very rough 1st year. She was at the dr's at least once a week. She had JUST started to come around.........and here we are back at square one again!!!!!! Poor little thing.
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by B&W'sMama View Post
    My DH is on his way home from work to take her in to our family dr....she has sores on her tongue now....I'm sure it's hand foot and mouth.

I am livid with this doctor......my DD already has anxiety with Dr's as she had a very rough 1st year. She was at the dr's at least once a week. She had JUST started to come around.........and here we are back at square one again!!!!!! Poor little thing.
    AWWW...it really does not help that she has anxiety! I hope your family doctor has a better bedside manner.

I had a family doctor that used to get upset if his patients went to walkins....I guess I know why!
    moving sucks

I'd call and ask to speak to whomever is in charge of staffing at the clinic... as well as lay a complaint with the CPSO... but DEFINETLY complain to whomever is in charge.. if no one tells them then they don't know.. and the CPSO may take a while to act on it.. I'm terribly sorry you had to have such a rotten experience.
    Erica

Mom to Evan and Britney

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
    Leon J. Suenes

Hand, foot and mouth it is!!!!!! No ear infection....Our Dr. told us not to give her the antibiotics because she does NOT have an ear infection. I called the clinic and got the managers name. I am going to write a letter and drop it off tonight. Apparently they have had "issues" with this doc. before!!!!!!!!

I feel soooo bad for her.....My poor little girl.
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

B&W'sMama:
    When you mentioned about the spots all over, the first thing that came to my mind was HFMD and I am not even a Dr. You would think that the Dr who saw your LO would have seen it before and known...guess he has a lot to learn by the sounds of it! So sorry you have to deal with everything you do, I hopr your LO is feeling better in time for Christmas at this point. Good thing you didn't give her the antiobiotic too.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I'm so sorry, I hope your dr will be able to help
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

good luck with getting that Dr's butt kicked. So ridiculous!! Im furious for you!

I too would love to know where you went, if you don't mind sharing. Not only is that Dr RUDE and not know how to deal with people, let alone children... he clearly isnt very knowledgable! .. giving WRONG medical advice, prescribing unnecessary medication?

Like I said.. Im seriously furious for you.

Expert Forum User

That is awful Catherine. Hope you and Brooklyn are alright.
    Granola is a Mum to 2 wonderful boys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12