Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User

Talking Has someone done something nice for you this holiday season?

I FINALLY FOUND A PINK SLED! I can barely contain myself, I nearly drove off the road when I saw it!
    Thank you Million$momma, you have really made my Christmas. And thank you to all of the mamas who had suggestions on the where & what to do about my dilemma.
    Does anyone else have a good story? I am TOTALLY in the Christmas spirit now...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

My mother has purchased the majority of the Christmas gifts for my boys this year, as she knew we don't have a whole lot of extra cash right now, etc. I am very happy about this and believe me, my boys are going to be quite spoiled this Christmas!

Nothing that I can think of, but I'm trying to be more helpful to my dh's gram, she's not been well so dh got the presents for her to give the kids, I got some stuff for her to give dh and we're wrapping it all and taking the to his family's for her.
    Mommy to three adorable kids!

Expert Forum User

I've been trying to be much more helpful in general, not because its christmas We purchased a 5.00 stroller rental at Vaughan Mills today and ended up giving it to another guy when we were done because his little girl wanted a stroller.
    Proud mom of 3 wonderful children

mil watched the kids (while ds had chicken pox so I had a good excuse to ask her to ) so I could go get some banking done AND buy stocking stuffers. I knew it'd be a hard task to get done otherwise, cos if the kids are with me, could ruin surprises/illusions, if they weren't with me...well, they always are lol. I really appreciated the chance to accomplish that before the last minute.
    I bought too much lol so dd might just give some of the Play Doh to ds cos it won't all fit in his stocking
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

thats SO great you found the sled! This year, I have just found a few people ( I can remember their faces like a picture) who were so nice and considerate, even in the smallest way. People can get so stressed and show such rage and rudeness in this time and its SO lovely to come across a wonderfully kind person. Kindness is contagious, so lets pass it on! It's the BEST present and costs nothing

Expert Forum User

Nicely put newmum2! I always try to be patient & show kindness when out at this time of year - I tend to do alot of on-line shopping, so when I do venture out I'm not keyed up...
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

My Dad really came through for me this Christmas. Money is super tight so I had finished all my Christmas shopping a few months ago. Of course thanks to Treehouse Ds saw and fell in love with the bounce back racer. It's all he's asked for and of course i didn't have one for him. My dad stalked toy stores for about a week straight and got it, last one on the shelf. I know it seems silly but I'm so happy he's going to get the one thing he wants this Christmas.
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

I always try to do something, like when I go through the drive through I will pay for the person behind me.
    I just think that they would have a great story.
    Overachieving underachiever

Quote Originally Posted by funkymom View Post
    I always try to do something, like when I go through the drive through I will pay for the person behind me.
    I just think that they would have a great story.
    LOL...
    Where do you live? I'm going to follow you driving around the city until you go to a drivethru....

Expert Forum User

I was out trying to get some errands done today and after only an hour of being out and about I was super annoyed and frustrated by all the crazy selfish people out there. Like the lovely van that took a parking spot from me while I had waited patiently with my signal on.
    Anyhow I was grabbing a coffee on my way to the last stop and accidently came out of the wrong side, the line was long and I was figuring no way I'll get in line and get to my appointment in time. I was getting ready to turn around and skip it when a guy stopped and let me through!!!! I was so floored to finally have someone to something nice and considerate for me I payed for his coffee as a thank you!
    A by the book mama to a completley healthy DD Dec.2002 and doing it all different, BWng, CDing, BLWing, crunchy mama to an equally healthy DS Nov.2008 apparently a cosleeping mama DS Aug. 2011

i was very pleased when a dental clinic was able to fit me in before jan alot of places are booked up till then and then are opening an hour earlier then usual jsut to be able to see me and help me with my pain before the holidays i was very happy for that and will be more greatful if they get rid of the pain when i see them too. they also told me if need be they will do it again if i need work done asap just to make sure i can have a good holiday with my DD (her second one but she was only 1 week during her first)

I lost my wallet last week. It fell out of my pocket in a parking lot outside a Canadian Tire. Someone found it, picked it up, took it home with them, and then called me to tell me they found it!!!! There was no money in it, only receipts and ID. Thankfully I had a $20 bill in my pocket, so I could give the guy a thank you reward when I picked it up from him.

I was SO thankful not to have to run around and replace all of my ID over Christmas.

Expert Forum User

A lovely funkymom helped me out of a jam at work last friday night. Without her and my MIL I would have been running aroung like a chicken w its head cut off trying to get all the work done.
    ...and in that moment I swear we were infinite.

Oh these stories are great! Keep them coming ladies!

Last night I was at the mall (was with friends and we were there for a good 6 hours! lol was a GREAT girls' day). Honestly I was pleasantly surprised at how courteous and accomodating most of the people were. It wasn't even really all that busy, we were able to go into any of the stores we wanted and browse, and I really didn't run into any problems. It was a nice feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast