Thread: Cricut problem

Default Cricut problem

My Cricut started acting funny today.
    It won't cut through all the way and sometimes pulls the paper away with it so it ends up ripping. Has this happened to anyone else?

I tried replacing the blade, and adjusting the settings, but nothing worked. I wasted entirely to much time trying to get it right. I got it close but it's still ripping paper, and to get it to cut all the way through I have to set it to cut thick paper when I am only doing thin.

TIA.

Expert Forum User

I always have it set at 5 no matter what thickness. Is your mat really sticky? There were some problems with mats that weren't sticky enough for a while there. Make sure you really get it stuck down or the paper will move as it cuts and then it will rip.
    I rub the paper onto the mat for quite a while. If your mat has too much lint and stuff on it you can clean it with a diaper wipe. let dry and then you will find it sticks much better.
    I had some mats that came with basically no glue on them. I called Cricut CS and they sent me new mats because it was a certain manufacturer they were using (they have many) that screwed up on the mats.
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Expert Forum User

I agree - sounds like a matte issue.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

Me too...mat issue. I have not done this but have heard some people use craft spray adhesive on the mats if they are in a pinch. I have only changed my blade 3 times. I made die cuts to sell for the longest time and I also cut many shapes for school. Oh yeah and sometimes I actually scrapbook!
    moving sucks

Thanks for the tips ladies. I will give those a try and see if it helps. It's just strange b/c I have been using it for so long and all of the sudden I am having this problem. Here's hoping!!

Expert Forum User

Have to agree with pps. Also, is your speed set high or slow? Slow is better if you are getting tearing. As for unsticky mats, I used to spray repositionable stencil spray on the mat...but, unless you tape off all of the non "mat" areas, your rollers will get all gummy. I found this a real PITA, so now I just spray the back of my paper!
    Let us know how it works out for you! Is it a different/thicker paper than usual that youa re using?
    www.southhilldesigns.com/carolwood
    www.facebook.com/charms2last.carolwood

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

FYI- their customer service is great! If you email them your problem, they will answer with a variety of tips.

My machine was doing something funny in the summer and they walked me through a reset. I was told if that didn't work, they would replace my machine for free! It's 3 years old. How great is that?
    mama to 3

Quote Originally Posted by tansie View Post
    Have to agree with pps. Also, is your speed set high or slow? Slow is better if you are getting tearing. As for unsticky mats, I used to spray repositionable stencil spray on the mat...but, unless you tape off all of the non "mat" areas, your rollers will get all gummy. I found this a real PITA, so now I just spray the back of my paper!
    Let us know how it works out for you! Is it a different/thicker paper than usual that youa re using?
    Same paper as usual, which is why I am confused as to why this suddenly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by MomtoS&E View Post
    FYI- their customer service is great! If you email them your problem, they will answer with a variety of tips.

My machine was doing something funny in the summer and they walked me through a reset. I was told if that didn't work, they would replace my machine for free! It's 3 years old. How great is that?
    That is great to know!! I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it yet but when I do I will try calling them if I can't work it out.
    Thanks for the info!!

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Same paper as usual, which is why I am confused as to why this suddenly happened.

I'm guessing then that it must be a mat problem...but, who knows for sure...but, same thing I have heard customer service is great!

The devil on my left shoulder wants me to reply, but the angel on my right shoulder is screaming: filter.....FILTER! - unknown

Expert Forum User

So, have you been able to solve your Cricut problems?!?!?!