Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Feeling overwhelmed

So Lilia got her hearing aids last week, and they have been great. I can really see a diffence in what she can hear now..

We are now involved with Robarts, and have decided to go the speech and ASL route with her. However all the appoinments we have now regarding her hearing, on top of her other appointments (speech, OT, and a fair amount of medical) its very overwhelming...I go back to work in March, and i jsut dont know how i am going to do all this, plus look after the house and my other 2 children while working full time.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Thinking of you Ivveyy. I am sure it is hard to juggle it all. I often find that thinking ahead to what is to come is harder than actually dealing with the reality of it. I think when we are actually faced with the challenge we cope - no matter how hard. The stress beforehand is the hardest part.

I don't really have any advice just wanted to let you know that I heard you.
    Mom of 2 girls, unschooler, feminist, runner and just general lover of life.

Need a doula or prenatal classes? www.babeezeinarms.com

"Me thinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
    - Henry David Thoreau

"
    Children are not our own art products to be turned out well, but their own life work in continual process. -Jan Fortune Wood"

Expert Forum User

hugs. It's very overwhelming that's for sure. Just take one thing at a time. That's the best you can do. Don't be super mom and please ask for help if you feel like it's all slipping away. As much as she needs all the intervention, please don't be afraid to tell your agencies when enough is getting too much and they should be able to accomadate you. I ran into that with our drs. I just stopped calling and didn't bother going until one of the social workers called me to see if I was alright. It wasn't cas or anything, they were just concerned because I was so keen on getting everything done for our dd but it got to be too much. They were all very understanding and let us space things out better then before. Good Luck!

thanks for responding I know its not a big deal we can handle it, but ya it is still overwhelming at times and I dont really have anyone to talk to about it. Oh well. we'll deal. we always do.
    jennifer mommy to 4 amazing kids!

Expert Forum User

I feel for you. We go through pouts where we are at the dr/hospital/thames valley everyday of the week for a few weeks than go through times where there is no appts for weeks (i like those weeks). I don't dr so hubby has to take time off it sucks. I hope things slow down for you soon (i am sure being the time of year that it is it makes it that much harder also)