Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I didn't get to read all the posts for this thread so I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested this but try calling Families First in white Oaks. I've heard some great things about them. They have a baby food bank, just make sure you give them a call before going. Here's their website:http://www.ffwo.org/index.html
    Hopefully that helps a bit

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

This is an old thread...
    LondonMoms has really gone downhill, ever since they started chit chatting in the home and garden forum. There is a place for chit chat, people!!!

good luck
    Last edited by BlondeBlondy; 04-05-2008 at 08:26 PM.

When you get your ex to pay the child support, make sure you stipulate that he needs to pay Half of the child care expenses too. He has no choice and has to pay that as well, because it's not just up to you to have to pay child care expenses.

OOPS..just realized this thread is old...but maybe my info here will help anyone out.
    Last edited by Jenuwyn; 04-01-2008 at 08:25 AM. Reason: oops
    Jen
    Jenuwyn - previously known as KnCmama

kgurrl

I am not a single mom anymore, but thought I could offer some advice from someone who has been there and never received a dime in child support. The all inclusive is a great idea btw. So many great ideas. If you do have to pay the deposit sometimes you don't have to pay it up front. With my hydro I can pay the deposit over a 4 month period. Also, when I had my second child, I my hydro was cut off while I was in the hospital just because I didn't hand in the direct withdrawal form within 24 hours (I couldn't because I had gone into labour!). Anyway, I went to the church for help and they gave me half of the required money and I came up with the other half. Now, the child care subsidy. I payed next to nothing for child care with three kids with subsidy. I was already working and needed it right away so I went to the daycare centre and they helped me through the whole process fast! They knew I would qualify so they let my kids come without paying anything but a small registration fee up front and my kids went for two full weeks and then the subsidy went through and it was smooth sailing from there. It is hardest at first, but you can do it! Remember, you are not alone in this. There are so many moms going through the same thing. Try to stay connected to friends/family/support groups/church... it helps a lot to have a network of people who care around you and your children. Good luck.

Post You could also apply at

HAC (Housing Access Centre) for subsidized housing and rent-geared to income. (Commonly addressed as "London Housing"). Their number is (519) 661-0861....press 0 top speak to someone live. You'll likely hear that there is a 5-7 year wait list but there are cases that take priorities....especially single moms with children.
    Also the London Housing Access Centre (519) 434-3344 offers market rental properties that are currently available to rent in the city. Market rent implies that their is no special rate - rent is the same as any regular rental unit.

Expert Forum User

You can also look into you heat and hydro bills getting paid by OW if they are up for disconnection.(even if you are not on OW) They do it in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge so hopefully they do it in London. I would make sure to fix the child tax papers. Also get yourself on a Christmas Angel Tree List. Many community centres also assit with food and gift certificates. If you go to the early years centre they have outreach workers who can help put you in touch with valuable resources.....ohhh and healthy babies healthy children too.

You will surprised how easy it can be.
    I was a single Mom from almost day one with my daughter until she was 12. I had a lot of tough times. I always manged to get her what she needed and wanted too! We used subsidy at camp and I could afford girl guides and swimming. Her father never paid a penny in Child support and I am better for it.(he was violent). I spoiled my daughter at Christmas and fed her well. I juggled my bills and caught up when I had extra money. I also babysat weird hours for others and got paid cash but charged low rates.
    moving sucks

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Just an FYI, this is a really old thread. This is the 2nd time it's gotten bumped up.. LOL

Its hard i been a single mother since before she was born, I dumped her father when i was 6 months along because he wasnt a good father figure, he promised to be here for her and pay me what he should adnd all but hasnt yet. I am on O.W. and living with my mother, soon to be moving in with a friend of mine. I have yt to get payments from her father will be going throguh court again after she turns 1. The only thing that makes it extra hard on me is how he makes promises to come visit and pay me what he owes me and has not something always comes up, he also thiks he has the right to complain to me about a few nights where he stayed up till 4am with his new gf's baby which is not even his, it hurts kknowing he is taking care of a child thats not his when he wont take care of his own. Im going to school and trying to find part time work in order to have extra cash to do things with my girl but its hard finding work close to home and a decent daycare as well, i found one i can afford but have yet to find employment.

Thumbs up

I'm new here. And i have to say from what i'm reading, i have so much respect for the advice and support u give each other. This is great!
    I'm a single parent for the second time. Not letting him back this time. I'm very fortunate to say that when i'm having a hard week, it's still not that big of a deal compare to most.
    Never had anyone to talk to. Always kept to myself mostly because of wanting privacy and no judgement from others. Now i'm at the point where i'm 42, have 2 beautiful kids, a good job and don't care what people think anymore!
    Suzy

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! PancakeMom's Avatar

Well welcome Suzy!!! There are plenty of single moms on here, and I have a feeling you will fit right in!

Everything I love is illegal, immoral or fattening.

i think all the previous posters gave all the info i really know! all i want to say is i've been in your situation and i know exactly what your going through. the best advice i can give you is stay positive...you can get through this!! And just remember don't take any s*** from anyone! have faith in yourself and be strong and don't be afraid to ask for help!! and remember all us moms are here for you!! good luck and *hugs*

wow....i'm reading the posts and I am worried. I am 6 months pregnant....left the dad a month ago...after I had enough of emotionnal abuse. I have a good job but I have no family here. “she“ will be my first baby...and I don't know how I am going to make it...I try hard to stay positive...but it's a lot on my shoulder. Feels very lonely. But I learned some stuff here...thx!

Expert Forum User

desalena, you will find Londonmoms to be a good resource.

Good luck.

it really is and if you ever need advice or someone to talk to PM me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast