Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Canadian Baby Vrs Baby Portrait Prices

I have had both come to my home and was wondering if anyone can remember the general pricing from each company. Was told that Baby portrait was cheaper but don't know.

On a side note the idiot from Canadian Baby was here yesterday and he made me so mad. (We had these pictures done with our other children so I really wanted them otherwise would have told him to leave). I have never dealt with a photographer so rude. Anyways just had to have my little vent.

Any opinions on the price are appreciated.

Thanks

Laura
    Zachary ^i^ Aug 9/01
    Caleb & Benjamin July 13/02
    Jackson February 13/07

If it was the same guy I had - I was quite PO'd as well - he never did end up doing the pictures....and apparently he knows more about my kid and parenting than I do....he was quite the a** IMO

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

I don't know about the other ones, but the cheapest package for Canadian Baby Photographers is like $330 with tax.

Expert Forum User

I heard that they can be pretty rude there.

I had Canadian Baby come to my house. I was the last session of the day at 5 pm and the guy photographer couldn't have made it more blatantly obvious that he did not want to be here! I was quite insulted by all his sighing and eye rolling. Then, when my DS starting to cry, he started packing his stuff before I even had time to pick him up! Didn't get many of the shots I was hoping for - needless to say, I wasn't impressed!

Mump&Grump_Mom

is this all the same guy, or do they have a bunch of a-holes working for them?? I had a not-so great experience with them when DS was born, and I was just glad my mom was here with me!

In my opinon, there are a lot of talented photographers in town ( and they are MOMS!) that would do a much better job for waaaaaaaay less...that is what I am doing this time around, once I get organized enough to leave the house that is

Sarah

I was told they have this one guy Darryl (I believe) who does all of London and has been the only rep for at least the past 5 years.

I did want to comment though if you get a call from Baby Portrait the lady is awesome. She was great at interacting with my other children and she really seemed like she wanted to be here. I would recommend her. I am waiting to see what their prices are like and will post when I find out.

I think when the rep comes to sell the pictures to me I am going to comment on the photographer. Depending on his response to the complaints I might contact their head office direct via the internet. I was really PO'd. Ok I was the 3:00 appointment on Friday but I don't care. If you don't want to be taking pictures get out of the business. He was such a jerk. I am still PO'd two days later.

Thanks everyone for your response.

Laura
    Zachary ^i^ Aug 9/01
    Caleb & Benjamin July 13/02
    Jackson February 13/07

I had Canadian Baby do Mia's photo's and the guy that came was sooo great! I have no complaints! He was great with Mia and very quick! I think it was all over in less than 20 minutes!! We spent 100 dollars and got 5- 5x10 and 2 wallets. I didn't send away for anything I just took what he had and said I am only willing to spend 100 and these are what I want and that is what I got! They are usually pretty good with making deals with the photos that they have with them. I didn't even look at the packages I wasn't willing to spend more than 100 so I didn't want to look.

Expert Forum User

I had Darryl 2x...feb2004 and sept2005 and he was EXCELLENT. I can not imagine that these comments are about him at Canadian Baby Photographers...and if so, something must have happened in his life to make such a change. I know he had been doing it for 20years when he took our pic's. He made NO comments about anything except trying to get great shots....and he did. Between the 2, we probably spent about a grand.
    I have no experience with the other company to make any comments.
    Beth

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

I had Canadian Baby Photographers as well and they SUCKED..Robbie wouldnt cooperate so the guy left...When they call back to resecdual I am going to tell them NO

Expert Forum User

I agree with pp... if it was Darryl from Canadian Baby Photographers than something must have happened in his life. When he took pics of my lo she had been waken up from a nap, had a BM and was just plain cranky but the pics he took were amazing. He made her smile so easily and he was super fast.

Sorry, I can't comment on the prices though except to say that our package was quite expensive so needless to say we haven't had any more pics taken by them!!

I had darryl and a less than stellar experience.., we bought the package but felt like we were coned into it.. it was nuts.. they insist that your huisband be home when they come to sell you and they basically say that they have already printed a whole bunch of pictures and unless you buy anythin gthey will destroy them.. it felt so wrong

I agree there are lots of very talented local photographers that will capture the true beauty of your children without all the crazy props and faked poses (newborns sitting up etc)
    Heather.

Push button. Receive bacon.

Ali

I had Canadian baby for both my girls, and Daryl was the photographer. He did a great job, but I think if we had a #3, I would go with someone local who would maybe do something a bit more original. When the guy came to sell the pictures to me, I told him what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend. So he just let me pick the poses and he was on his way very quickly. I think you just have to have a price in mind before they come to sell them to you. I spent $120 and got 1 8x10, 4 5x7, and a whole pile of smaller pictures.

I had Canadian Baby come to the house when my babe was around 2.5 months. The photographer that came was a woman, and she was awesome. She set up her stuff and took a ton of pictures. My little guy had JUST started to smile, and she got him to smile in almost every shot. It was all over and done with in about 25 mins.
    The sales rep that came to the house, his name was Jim and he was very chatty. He told us the whole companies history and mission statment, he wouldn't shut up. He was very nice, but I just wanted him to get down to it and show me the packages.
    We ended up spending $395 including taxes and we got 3 5x7, 1 5x5, 18 wallets all the originals (there were about 14) and a CD with all the originals on it. (the 5x5 was for the inside of the CD jacket)
    They are really good, but I don't think I would spend that much again, I would take that money and spend it on a nice digital camera. OH, and he thru in a 8x10..what a nice guy!
    Rochelle
    aka Justin's Mom

Expert Forum User

within walking distance of downtown but a good part

I have little funds so i went to RCSS to get Logan pics done when he was 1 month old these are what i got , they were so good, and there packages range from 8$ - 50 i think i got the 30 one and got alot of pics these are the one i chose

i love these pics

I sell AVON I sell SCENTSY JOIN THE PARTY!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast