Default bottle to cup/formula to milk...

Hi!
    My DD is almost one, and we are trying to figure out how the transition will work changing from formula to homo milk...also putting it in a cup, not a bottle. Do I still warm the milk? Do I put it in a bottle for the night-time feed?
    I feel a little lost with this next milestone! Any advice or what works for other mama's would be appreciated!
    Thanks for helping me out

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I felt lost also. My DD is 10 months and we are starting homo milk (she loves it) I'm introducing it slowly while finishing off the rest of the tin of formula we have. She is doing well and not rejecting it. She dosent like a sippy cup and there would be no way she would hold a cup without spilling. I will keep her on a bottle for at least a few more months I would think and slowly try to introduce a cup. slowly. When her formula is done, I'm not going to buy anymore and keep her on homo milk. I hope others can offer better suggestions for you!

We actually slowly stopped warming my dd's formula/milk as we approached the sippy cups. Mind you, she refused milk in a regular sippy, had to be a sippy similar to a bottle, as that was what she associated it with, unless it was choc milk, then she drank it in a sippy cup.

oh, I forgot to add that she dosent always have it warmed up (the milk), in fact she mostly gets it cool. I hope thats OK(?)

I introduced a cup way before milk. Just started out with water, so if it was a sloppy learning process, no stains or smells kwim.

My dd couldn't tolerate the homo milk and so was put right on 2% soon as we realised that (doctor's advice). She still has her milk in a bottle before bedtime and then we brush teeth, do lullabies etc. Any other time of day though, she has milk, water or juice in a cup.
    I wouldn't want to do two transitions at once, cup and milk, personally. Also I never found it worked to just do the 2oz milke with say 6 oz formula etc. So I just kinda started giving her sips of milk from a straw etc to see if it bugged her belly, then one day put milk in her bottle (yes i warmed it cos she always liked her formula very warm and warm milk is supposed to be soothing, eewww) and she never really fussed at all over the change from formula.

She didn't have much interest in cups either til she got her hands on brother's cup. Then she was skilled at the cup in minutes lol cos it was not hers. The baby's first sippy etc were of no appeal to her. Had to be like brother's
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

We did it slowly with my youngest dd. We transitioned from the formula to the milk when we had about 1/2 a can left. She took to it right away.

I think if you do it slowly it will help her along. Even if you give her a little at a time like 2 - 4 ounces at a time. That might help as well.
    Scentsy Rep. on Facebook Perfectly-Scented Scentsy my website www.perfectly-scented.scentsy.ca

Fundraising to get our daughter a service dog. please feel free to visit her fundraising page https://www.facebook.com/groups/415637608516807/

SPARKLE TATTOO!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danas...41850885905215

Your best bet is to wean her from the formula. Introduce the milk a couple of ounces at a time in her formula. If you have an 8 oz bottle use 2oz of milk and 6oz of formula for a vouple of days then slowly increase the milk. Offer her the formula/milk in a cup with each meal in a sippy as well.

Good luck you are bound to get lots of great suggestions! Try what is best for you guys!