Default Space Saver Bags...

DH brought out a box last night that contained all of dd's homemade baby blankets that were gifts....( got a little teary looking at them )...anyways they have been kept in a cardboard box now for almost ten years...they still look brand new but I was wondering if anyone has ever tried those space saving bags you see on tv....you suck out all the air and it almost makes everything flat......I was thinking of getting some..we have limited storage space.....

Banned

I've used them and they are OK to begin with, although in my experience they didn't exactly go flat, everything got really bunched up! And after a while they fill back up with air. I wasn't overly impressed.

JMO
    Alison

Expert Forum User

I had the same problem as Alison. They worked great at first but over time air leaks in. But still they will keep bugs and moisture out better than a cardboard box would.
    DS#1 Dec 06
    DS#2 May 08
    DD#1 Oct 09
    DD#2 Dec 10

I have used them for the baby this I am not parting with..bring me home outfits, blankets, hospital gown and hat..and I love them. Work great I think. Ive had no problems and they really do save a lot of space. We got ours at linen & things out by 401

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

We love ours ... although I do admit to sucking out the air when we do spring cleaning again each year ... just to make them flatter. You can also get them at Superstore.

Expert Forum User

I use them a lot, just opened one that I put sweaters in a couple years ago. What I found worked nicely was I put a dryer sheet in with the clothes, it kept them smelling nice. The bags didn't lie flat, however they did save on space.

Expert Forum User

OH OH OH OH! (hand waving... )

If you can get to Costco - they have HUGE Ziplock bags for that purpose. They rock! They come in 2 sizes - XL & XXL & you get 4 of each for about $12? Wayyy cheaper than the space saver bags.

http://www.ziploc.com/
    Ziploc® Big Bags with the new Double Zipper Seal

Ziploc® Big Bags just got even better. They now feature our new Double Zipper Seal—it’s our tightest seal ever. Big Bags are the biggest, strongest, most versatile Ziploc® Brand bags ever created. Use them to store clothing, bedding, holiday decorations, sports equipment, and more. No more clutter in the garage, the basement, or your car. Plus, Ziploc® Big Bags have the natural, flexible shape of a bag so they can fit into places where storage boxes can’t.
    Linens and pillows
    Jackets
    Blankets
    Seasonal clothing
    Holiday decorations
    Sports equipment
    Sleeping bags
    Books and photo albums
    School supplies
    Office supplies
    “A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking,
    it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”- Helen Rice