Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default For mom's who have had c-sections..(Belly Flap)

Have you ever gotten back to your pre-pregnancy stomach. Or do you still have the ugly flap. How do you cope with this or keep your pants on comfortably?
    Is their any way of tightening this mess all up? Do you think I am doomed since I have 4 children?
    ~ "A friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."~

Anonymous......

It completely depends on your body -- I've seen some moms go back to flat and smooth post section....but not me.

I got very very big with my pregnancies(once I more than doubled my starting weight)...and so my doctor said that basically I am stuck with a bout two inches of jelloey skin, unless I have surgery to remove it -- he said no amount of diet or exercise will make it leave as it's not fat, it's skin. Once you stretch something too far, it can't all just snap back.

I find it really intrusive to finding decent fitting pants, as well as many other ways it affects life but....
    I figure I've got two kids and it's worth it if that's the biggest sacrifice I had to make. Besides lol maybe I will look into surgery one day though it's doubtful...I am the type who would never get a tattoo EVER only because it might hurt and I can't bear the thought of paying money for pain...figure sugery would be twenty times worse!!!

I didn't have a section and I have a belly flap. I hate it.

Banned

I'm just pointing out that OP is NOT ME!

I have it...I has some after my first c-section...then I got even more after my second...it is a pain...I just roll my pants/jeans under the belly flap sometimes so that they fit better.

April 14, 2001-May 05, 2001
    April 29, 2015

I don't have a flap...but I do have a poochy bit above the scar. It's slowly getting better, but I don't think will ever be gone. I can feel where the scar tissue has formed under the skin and it's lumpy I've only had one c-section though.

Expert Forum User

I don't have a flap. I've had 2 c-sections. After my first I did have a bit of a pooch over the scar too, but during my second c-section (scheduled c-section), my OB tightened it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post

I wondered

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by mum_of_four View Post
    LOL - You were my first thought!

I had a C - and a 42 inch waist at 9 months, I got back into my old pants but the skin on my stomach was definately not as tight as before. I didn't get the flap though. I have a feeling that like stretch marks, it may just be genetic. I'm surprised that it went back to looking half decent. Let's hope it will do it again...
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

I think besides weight gain it also matters where they put your incision and stitches.

Also I had staples, from talking to other moms it seems staples leave you more 'side effects' than their other stuff they use?

I have that stupid flap and hate it! I had a section with my first and a vaginal delivery with my 2nd. I have had a lot of problems under that flap of skin with it getting tonnes of sweat in it and irritated/red. I can't seem to get a flat tummy no matter what I do! I think it just depends on the woman because I know of enough other women who've had sections and don't complain of this issue and vice versa goes for some women who've had vaginal deliveries who complain of it.

Expert Forum User

Isn't the flap more related to the stretching of the skin rather than the c-section? I have had two c-sections and I don't have a flap. I would think cosmetic surgery would be the only thing that would really fix it.
    Please always show kindness in your posts as the person receiving it may need it more than you will ever know.

SAHM to two boys, 13 and 7.

Quote Originally Posted by 2xmom View Post
    I don't have a flap. I've had 2 c-sections. After my first I did have a bit of a pooch over the scar too, but during my second c-section (scheduled c-section), my OB tightened it up.
    I want my doctor to do that next time!! Tighten up my tummy! I gained 32 lbs with this pregnancy, but my belly wasn't super huge. I think once they take out that yucky scar tissue and I take it a little easier after the next section... I might be okay. A little nip/tuck wouldn't hurt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2xmom View Post
    Wow, good deal for you!

i have had 2 c-sections, i guess i have more fat then flab!!! I would like to lose weight!!!! I was chubby before my boys and im still chubby now!!
    i would love a nip and tuck but that would be something that i would do after i lose all the weight!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast