Thread: Lost...

Default Lost...

...one small, grey fuzzy elephant. Answers to the name Ellieeeee!!!!!, very floppy, can't walk away on it's own.

Ellie has been our DD's constant companion since she was three weeks old - a baby gift from a dear friend. Ellie liked to go on adventures and was never very good at staying put in bed, where she belonged. About a week ago, she went missing. We have looked EVERYWHERE! but nothing. Last night DD had a nightmare - she said that she was running with Ellie and Ellie got lost. I asked here where Ellie got lost and she said in the toy box. Well, I just turned all the toy boxes upside down, put everything back in it's place and no Ellie. What to do? Over the last three years we have bought many Elephants, but none are identical to dear Ellie and she still prefer's her Ellie. Help!
    www.pamperedchef.biz/maryfurlan

Take Charge! Take Action! Ask me how easy it is to be your own boss!

Do you have a photo? Maybe someone on here has one that is a match.
    Overachieving underachiever

Expert Forum User

Could she have put it in the garbage by mistake?? :?

We've misplaced Natalie's Baby about a year ago. It makes me sad that I won't have it to show her when she grows up.

I hope Ellie makes an appearance soon.

Poor kid!
    My only advice would be to look in places where a little kid may hide somthing. I was missing my baby monitor for 2 days only to find it in the recycling container! Kids do weird things somtimes. I hope you can find it for her!

MBM
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

SHE'S BEEN FOUND!!!!

Hiding in a look bag in DS's closet! Who would've thought to look there?

I laughed when a pp asked if we had a pic... visions of milk cartons...

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

im glad you found it for her!
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary

Expert Forum User

Yeah for finding her! My son has a beloved duck and I live in fear that I will loose him (because at 21 months old it would be more Mommy's fault than his).

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

glad it was found!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User

This is my worst nightmare (DD has a doggie/blanket that she sleeps with every nap and night and it also comes out when she's stressed). BUT I have a great story!

The problem was that the dog kept fraying around the edges (satin) and his head would start to become separated as well. My mum tried fixing the first one, but it didn't last long, so I bought a couple of replacements. Well, they started to fray right away (btw, it was Kushies product so I was a little shocked). I wrote to the company to let them know the trouble (NOT to get anything from them, just an fyi if they were redesigning etc. - if no one tells them, how will they know right?) They ended up phoning me and asking more details, and then asked if I could send them any pictures, receipts etc. I had some, but not all, and I took a picture of all three dogs. They ended up sending me 3 replacement dogs AND one of those expensive toys they sell (the magnetic acrobats?) I was VERY impressed by their service!

My new worry is losing them OR not being able to buy replacements (Toys R Us no longer sells them) so I found a Canadian online who sells them for 1/2 the amount then if you buy them direct from Kushies online (go figure) and she charged super cheap shipping!

Okay, sorry, I got a little carried away there but thought I would share I'm very glad you found Ellie!
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User

glad ot hear you found it
    Andrea - Mommy to two beautiful girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mommytotwo
    glad ot hear you found it
    Thank you. But what to do should it be lost again? She has already said, since finding Ellie that she can't sleep without her... DS (who just turned 6) still sleeps with his first stuffy (a white polar bear that the same friend picked up in an airport, and that we've never found a double of!).

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

DD#2 has been come attached to a stuffed giraffe already. I have picked up another one already just to be on the safe side!! I wear them under my shirt every so often so they have my smell!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.