Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking

Expert Forum User

Default Scrapbooking

I am just getting into scrapbooking and was wondering if there are any other moms that might be interested in a monthly get together to work on books. I have been to creative memories workshops and usually feel pressured to buy the products or feel really guilty about the products that I already have that are not from Creative Memories.

If interested or know of something similar, please let me know

I may be interested depending on when and where. Leslie offers crops with a low key selling aspect too...
    Jeanne
    Mom to Cassandra, Kyle, Noah, and Holleigh

There is a spring crop (in gatherings) in St Thomas on April 21 - there will be vendors there - but they are off to the sides...so no pressure as there will be more than one "style." Also you can check if there are any crop gatherings at a local scrapbook store in London. Not sure what they charge - but it's an idea.

Expert Forum User

I scrapbook, I totally am obsessed! LOL! But i have a hard time making it to weekend crops due to my hubby's work schedule....I'd love to meet people at weekday crops/weeknight crops/or you are more than welcome to come to my house to scrapbook...i have a large family room in my basement with my scraproom that opens onto it....Just let me know!

Default scrap

I have a ton of pictures to do but never make the time to do anything with them. I would be interested in getting together monthly. I am a total scrap newbie.

Expert Forum User

I REALLY need to set aside time to get back into scrapbooking. I LOVE doing it but just haven't pushed myself to find the time after my daughter was born two years ago (since then I've only done 3 double-paged layouts which still need the titles stuck on!). I still have an addiction to buying scrapbook supplies so they are definitely piling up. I would be VERY interested in a crop (maybe once a month or something?) but would love if it was on a weekday/weekend evening ....
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Administrator Site Admin

You are all welcome to come to my home anytime for a crop! You get to use all my fun tools too!!
    Leslie

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

I've just spend two weekends straight getting stuff in my boy's baby book. lol I do kind of mix of scrapbooking and photo album all in one.. lol DS#1 also has his own, and DS#2 doesn't yet, so I better get moving... Thats next on the list I think! Would love to do an evening get together with everyone, but have to wait until my move is over! Leslie.. my sil is also a creative memories consultant.. but she's in New Zealand!

Expert Forum User

I would be up for an occassional crop. I don't like paying for crops in stores, I've never seen the point of paying to use a stores table. I guess it makes sense if you want to use the alphabet cutter though .
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Quote Originally Posted by mom2lucas&sophie
    I would be up for an occassional crop. I don't like paying for crops in stores, I've never seen the point of paying to use a stores table. I guess it makes sense if you want to use the alphabet cutter though .
    You are also paying because the staff is staying past regular business hours and allowing you the privledge of shopping after hours as well.
    Jeanne

Expert Forum User

Quote Originally Posted by momof4
    You are also paying because the staff is staying past regular business hours and allowing you the privledge of shopping after hours as well.
    That's very true if it is at night .
    It just never seemed worth it to me in the day or at night.

So what does everyone think, should we put a feeler out in the gatherings section? Could be fun.
    http://lifewithbecks.blogspot.com/

pm me for details about Little Diva Spa Parties

Quote Originally Posted by momof4
    That's very true if it is at night .
    It just never seemed worth it to me in the day or at night.

So what does everyone think, should we put a feeler out in the gatherings section? Could be fun.
    The ones at Scrapbook Studio are in the evening until 11pm or so.

I'm always up for a crop...any suggestions of dates/times/locations?
    Jeanne

Expert Forum User

Default Re: Scrapbooking

Quote Originally Posted by MrsB
    I am just getting into scrapbooking and was wondering if there are any other moms that might be interested in a monthly get together to work on books.
    I always have an open crop night at my house on the 25th of each month. Basically, all of my girlfriends know to bring over paper and adhesive and then we just play & socialize. I have two large tables set up and we can usually fit 8 although sometimes it's only 3 or 4 of us. You're more than welcome to join us. I live in the East End - on Bonaventure Dr.
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

I wish someone would have a crop in St. Thomas... LOL Maybe I will ahve to do it... at my house.
    ~ Annie ~
    Mom to 4 (B24, G23, G19, G9)

My Blog: It's just my life...
    Follow me on Twitter: @anniecannie

Expert Forum User

Default Re: Scrapbooking

Quote Originally Posted by Alesha
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsB
    I am just getting into scrapbooking and was wondering if there are any other moms that might be interested in a monthly get together to work on books.
    I always have an open crop night at my house on the 25th of each month. Basically, all of my girlfriends know to bring over paper and adhesive and then we just play & socialize. I have two large tables set up and we can usually fit 8 although sometimes it's only 3 or 4 of us. You're more than welcome to join us. I live in the East End - on Bonaventure Dr.
    I would be interested sometime. All depends how school is going around that time of the month though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast