Administrator Site Admin

Default Vegtabletarian Recipes!

Yes I know that it's spelt funny! I heard it on TV from a little guy and thought it was cute!!

Please post any veggie recipes here, side dishes or full veggie meals
    Leslie

Banned

Mushroom Zucchini Pasta

8 oz rotini or other short pasta
    2 tbsp butter or margarine
    2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
    6 oz mushrooms, sliced
    2 teasp lemon juice
    6 oz zucchini, unpeeled, diced
    1 tbsp minced fresh parsley, divided

Broccoli Puree

Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 30 min Level: Easy Serves: 4 servings
    Ingredients

• 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
    • 1 pound broccoli florets
    • 1/2 cup chicken broth
    • 4 ounces cream cheese or shredded cheese
    • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Directions

Fill a large pot with enough water to come 2 inches up the sides of the pot. Set a steamer rack in the pot, cover, and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the potato chunks and cook until they are very tender, about 18 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a medium bowl and mash until smooth.
    Place broccoli into steamer rack and steam over medium heat until the broccoli is very tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to the bowl of a food processor. Add the broth, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Process until the broccoli is pureed and almost smooth.
    Stir the broccoli puree into the mashed potato and blend well. Season the puree to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Easy and tasty taters - I am talking waaaayyyyy easy

Ingredients - potatoes and cream soup (cream of mush, broccoli, whatever) cheddar cheese is optional

1) cut up a bunch of potatoes into bite sized pieces into a casserole dish

2) add a can of soup and mix it up so all the taters are covered (might need 2 cans)

3) cook at 350 for an hour.

after an hour, you can either be done with them, or you can cover them in cheddar chesse and bake them for another 15 minutes or so, so all the cheese isnice and melty.

Thats it!
    Last edited by Mamarazzi; 08-26-2009 at 04:04 PM. Reason: typo

Expert Forum User

Lynn, newly employed mom to Evelyn (13), Sophie (10), and Georgia (6)

GIRLS ROCK!!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

That's right. I'm gonna COOK. I know, shocking. You should see the look on DH's face. This is gonna use up a pile of stuff I got in the fridge right now.

Ingredients:
    • 300 gm red sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-3cm cubes
    • 145gm (2 medium) zucchini, ends trimmed and coarsely grated
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 75 gm cheese
    • 1/4 cup sweet basil leaves, finely chopped (optional)
    • 6 eggs, whisked
    • 165 gm cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
    • 3 Tbsp olive oil
    • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
    • 100 gm baby salad leaves
    Method:
    1. Preheat oven to 200C (392F). Prepare 2 large oven trays lined with baking paper. Place sweet potatoes onto one tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil, toss to coat. Spread out to a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
    2. Place cherry tomatoes on other tray, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until softened.
    3. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan (20cm diameter). Stir fry the onion over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until soft and lightly golden. Transfer to a bowl, and add the cooked sweet potato.
    4. Add the zucchini, cheese and basil to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix together. Spread loosely into frying pan.
    5. Pour whisked eggs into the pan. Gently move the filling around to evenly distribute the egg. Cook over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set underneath and at the sides.
    6. Wrap the handle of the pan in a wet cloth. Place under a moderately hot grill, keep oven door open a few inches, with the surface about 8 to 10cm from the heat source, for about 5 minutes, until frittata is cooked on top. (Note: Don’t leave unattended.) Insert a needle. If it comes out clean, it’s cooked through.
    7. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, then invert onto a large plate. Drizzle tomatoes with the remaining vinegar. Cut frittata into wedges and serve with salad and tomatoes.

Read more: Zucchini & Sweet Potato Frittata - Christine's Recipes: Easy Chinese Recipes
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

I made the above last night! I would for sure make it again. Kids ate it. And DH who usually won't eat zucchini ate this with no complaints. Makes a difference that the zucchini is shreded I think.
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~