Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dinner recipes

Parmesan Chicken:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    Cayenne Pepper
    2 Eggs
    Equal parts of plain bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
    1tbs of butter or margerine

Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound to a 1/4-inch thickness season with cayenne pepper (this depends how spicy you like your food I usually spice both sides) and set aside.
    Mix the bread crumbs and the parmasean cheese together and set aside
    Beat the two eggs and set aside.

Dip the cayenne coated chicken breast in to the egg mixture and then into the bread crumbs mixture Repeat with remaining.

Heat the butter/margerine in a non stick skillet and then place the chicken breasts on top and cook just for a few minutes on each side enough to just toast.

Place the skillet into the over at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 mins bake uncovered and remember to flip the chicken in between so it doesnt over cook on one side. Just keep on eye on it and then serve hot.

Breaded Ham and Swiss Chicken Rolls:
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    4 slices of non-fat processed swiss cheese
    4 sloces of deli ham
    6 tbsps of bread crumbs
    1 tsp of paprika
    1/4 tsp of garlic powder
    1/2 tsp dried oregano & basil
    4 tsp of soft light margarine

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
    Pound each chicken breast to one quarter inch thickness
    Place one slice of cheese and ham layered in chicken breast. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
    Mix bread crumbs paprika, garlic powder, oregano and basil in a dish.

Melt margarine. Dip chicken rolls in margarine, then cover with bread crumb mixture. Place rolls seam-side down in a baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.

Serves four.

This dish is great with rice. You can also substitute the filling with your favourite cheese and herbs. I have experimented lots and it works every time!

Chicken Breasts with Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic

Ingredients

• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 2 tablespoons olive oil
    • 6 cloves garlic
    • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 3/4 cup chicken broth
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    • 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute the chicken until it is nicely browned on one side (about 3 minutes).
    2. Add the garlic. Turn the chicken breasts and scatter the mushrooms over them. Continue frying, shaking the skillet and stirring the mushrooms. Cook for about 3 minutes, then add the vinegar, broth, bay leaf and thyme. Cover tightly and simmer over medium low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
    3. Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter and cover with foil. Set aside. Continue simmering the sauce, uncovered, over medium high heat for about 7 minutes. Swirl in the butter or margarine and discard the bay leaf. Pour this mushroom sauce mixture over the chicken and serve.

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 268 | Total Fat: 11.6g | Cholesterol: 77mg

My DH made this for me last night and it rocked!! Instead of Bay leaf and thyme he used a bit of bay seasoning. Served over brown rice and had broccoli as a veg, it was sooooo good

Expert Forum User

Default Easy Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole

Ingredients

* 1/2 package (about 448g) small seashell pasta
    * 1 can each condensed cream chicken and cream of celery soup
    * 2 cups frozen or 2 cans mixed vegetables, drained
    * 2 tins tuna, drained
    * 4 cups shredded medium Cheddar cheese (or approx 1 big block)
    * salt and pepper to taste (I also use garlic powder and onion salt)

Directions

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; rinse in cold water then drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream soups, mixed vegetables, canned tuna, and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese. Cook till warm through. Gently fold pasta into the soup mixture (or vice versa) and mix thoroughly. Pour pasta and soup mixture into a 11x7 inch baking dish.*or in my case, I poured half the mixture into a 2.5 quart round baking dish and the rest into 2-2lb oven safe containers to freeze for later)* Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
    3. Bake in a preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.

You can also top the mixture with french's onions, Parmesan cheese, plain crunched up chips, or croutons.

Heat and serve.

Loosely based on the recipe Easy Cheesy Tuna Casserole - All Recipes

You can serve an easy veggie salad on the side, as suggested. I'm going to serve baby spinach salad on the side

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Apple and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken

Soooo good, the whole family ate it! Can't find the actual recipe, but I winged it anyway.

Apple and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1 apple, diced or grated, with peel
    1/4 cup grated cheddar
    2-3tbsp bread crumbs
    Seasoning (I used sage, thyme, and can't remember what else)
    1-2tbsp olive oil or butter
    1/4 cup broth or water
    1/4 cup white wine

Put chicken between two pieces of wax paper and smush it flat with a rolling pin
    Mix apple, cheese, bread crumbs, seasoning and put half on each of the chicken breasts. Roll up the chicken and hold with tooth picks.
    Put oil/butter in frying pan and heat up. Brown chicken on both sides.
    Add broth and wine to pan, turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 min until chicken is cooked through.

You can turn the liquid into a gravy with a bit of cornstarch and water if that appeals to you, otherwise just serve with a side of veggies and brown rice. Make sure you don't forget the toothpicks.

On the inside - mix it with the cheese and apple and seasoning. It will all hold together. Spread it on the chicken like peanut butter on bread (sort of) and then roll it up. Nothing on the outside. Although I suppose breaded would be kinda yummy too.

Default Baked Eggplant Parmesan

I adapted it from here a bit: Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe - Allrecipes.com

1 eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 eggs, beaten
    1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs (or bread crumbs + Italian seasoning)
    1 jar Classico® Tomato and Basil Sauce or a few cups of homemade sauce
    1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
    2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil

Directions

Peel and slice eggplant. Sprinkle with salt and put in a collander. Let sweat for an hour. Pat dry and brush off remaining salt.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Put bread crumbs and seasoning in a large ziploc baggie.

Dip eggplant slices in egg, then drop in bread crumb bag. Shake. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes on each side. If they're thin, they'll get crispy. that's yummy.

In a 9x9 inch baking dish spread pasta sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat with remaining ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Sprinkle basil on top.
    Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

So delish! Smells like lasagna but it's not. Serves 4 (or 2 adults, 3 kids). 412cals/serving.

Default Skinny Chicken Parmesan

I got this off Pinterest! Feeding My Temple: Skinny Chicken Parmesan {recipe} Made it tonight and it was *drooooool* yummy! Two chicken breasts split into two (it actually broke into three) were not nearly enough for all the breading. You could probably get away with 1/2 of it, if not 1/3.

It says if you split the chicken into 4 and serve 4 with it, then it's 225cals, but really if you half the breading and a bit less cheese, you bring it down to about 170 by my count before the pasta

serves 4 (one chicken breast each, 225 calories)

2 (8 oz) chicken breasts, sliced in half (horizontally, or butterflied but cut all the way through. You will end up with 4 pieces of chicken)
    3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings (I don't necessarily like a lot of Italian seasoning, so add more if you like it!)
    1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (This does not have to be fresh. In fact a use the stuff in the green bottle more times than not)
    1 1/2-2 tbsp butter, melted
    3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
    1 cup marinara or your favorite spaghetti sauce
    cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450°. Line large baking sheet with foil (easy clean up) and spray lightly with cooking spray.

Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings in a bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave in another bowl (this is usually melted after about 20 seconds, so watch it closely.) Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of chicken.

Lightly spray a little more cooking spray on top (this makes it nice and crispy) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Spoon sauce over each piece and top with mozzarella cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I like to serve this on a bed of whole grain spaghetti tossed in additional spaghetti sauce. You can also enjoy it with a side salad or veggies.

Yummy! I love chicken parm
    The blogger looks like Vanessa Manilo

I love this site: Baked Chicken Parmesan | Skinnytaste
    I make a lot of stuff on it, the lasagne roll ups are a fav

Default Sausage Corn Bread BAke

Sausage Skillet Corn Bread

Ingredients
    2 tsp vegetable oil
    4 mild Italian sausages
    1 onion, chopped
    1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
    1 sweet red pepper, chopped
    1-1/2 cups cornmeal
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 tsp granulated sugar
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp dried thyme
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 egg
    1-1/2 cups buttermilk ( I use yogurt)
    Preparation
    In cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tsp (5 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook sausages, turning often, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks; set aside.
    Add remaining oil to pan; fry onion, jalapeño pepper and red pepper until softened, about 2 minutes.
    Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, thyme, salt and baking soda. Whisk egg with buttermilk; add to cornmeal mixture and whisk just until moistened.
    Return sausages to pan, spreading evenly. Pour in cornmeal mixture; cover and cook over medium-low heat until puffed and edge comes away from pan, about 25 minutes. Slice into wedges.

Default Sausage Skillet Corn Bread Sausage Skillet Corn Bread

duplicate
    Last edited by nananana; 02-20-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Default Dinner recipes

Texas Roast Pork

2 tbsp chili powder
    1 tbsp packed brown sugar
    2 tsp paprika
    1 tsp ground cumin
    3/4 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    3 tbsp olive oil
    2 pork tenderloins, (about 2-1/2 lb/1.125 kg total)
    1 zucchini, chopped
    1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1 cup frozen corn

In small bowl, whisk together chili powder, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, 1/2 tsp of the salt, half of the pepper and the garlic powder. Stir in 2 tbsp of the oil to make smooth paste. Rub all over pork; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 24 hours.

Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss together zucchini, red pepper, onion, corn and remaining salt, pepper and oil.

Arrange pork and vegetables in lightly greased roasting pan; roast in 375°F (190°C) oven until juices run clear when pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, about*
    40 minutes.Transfer pork to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate 1 of the tenderloins for later use. Slice and serve remaining pork with vegetables.

Default Bierrocks

Bierrocks

INGREDIENTS

2 cups water, lukewarm
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs, beaten
    2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
    1/2 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    6 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 pounds lean ground meat
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
    Caraway seeds to taste, 1 tsp up to 1 tbsp

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. To Make Dough: In a large bowl, mix together 3/4 cup of the water and yeast and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in eggs, yeast, sugar and the rest of the water. Mix together salt and
    and 5 cups of flour. Mix well adding last cup of flour as necessary.
    Knead for a few minutes til dough is smooth then cover bowl and chill several hours
    3. To Make Filling: Brown meat in a large saucepan. Drain the fat and add onion and cabbage
    to skillet and cook until onion is soft; add salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce and Caraway to taste. Let cool.
    4. After dough has risen, roll out hunks of dough ( tennis balls size) as thin as possible.
    Place 2 tsp of filling on centre. Fold over and seal like a turnover keeping edges dry
    5. Bake in a preheated 350 F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
    Serve immediately or cool and freeze for later. To reheat frozen bierrocks bake until hot in oven
    or microwave, being careful not to over cook the dough.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123