Thread: Spring Skating

Default Spring Skating

My son is about to finish Level 1 of the Learn to Skate Program (parks and rec). How do I know if he should go on to level 2? Sounds silly, but he had ZERO skating experience before starting the program and even though it was level 1, it seems that all the other kids (except 1) knew how to skate, at least a little bit. So if I put him in Level 2, then he'll really be behind.... am I being overprotective?
    www.pamperedchef.biz/maryfurlan

Take Charge! Take Action! Ask me how easy it is to be your own boss!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

They'll probably give you a report card or something letting you know what level to go to next.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

They give you a little checklist and if they feel he's ready to move up to level two he'll get a badge for completing level one. Bri did three terms in level one.

There's three groups in each level - level one has the Red Robins, something (dang!) and the Purple Penguins. So, if your son finishes in the Red Robins for example, he's probably not ready for level 2. But if he was a penguin, then he might be.

Super Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Sorry to highjack, but I was just wondering at what age they start skating??? Is it four?? do they do it all year???

Mitchell, ON, far enough to be quaint but close enough to visit

my son is a figure skater he is 11 and they always gave him a report card 2 times a session if not talk to your childs instructor. He should also get a skating badge with each level passed. Some children do pick up skating quite quickly so if he's ready he'll move up. And for starting your child skating all depends on you and the child. My middle son had balance issues as he has weak muscles due to birth he is 5 this year and we just started him at 3 1/2 yrs old just with us on Sundays, yet my 2 year old has been on skates since he was just 2 and he loves it but he doesn't have weaknesses like the almost 5 year old does, so everyone is different.

The city programs start at 4, but the London Skating club starts at 3.
    www.pamperedchef.biz/maryfurlan

Take Charge! Take Action! Ask me how easy it is to be your own boss!