Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

Default What do you pack in YOUR lunch?

I know many of us WOH (or, like me, StudyOH ) and I'm looking for ideas of what to pack in my lunch.

So far I've been putting in a wrap, an apple, some sunflower seeds, and a (reusable of course ) bottle of water.

What do you like to pack for yourself?
    Last edited by mamabear; 09-09-2008 at 10:19 PM.

Banned

Well I work at home, but if I'm on a picnic I like to take a little container of cottage cheese, and a separate container of fruit, combine them on site and eat. Also love to eat hard boiled eggs, I bring an egg slicer so I slice them up and put the slices on crackers.

Expert Forum User

I've been trying to cut down on carbs at lunch (not an easy task for me!) so I've been usually bringing a yoghurt and at least two fruits or veggies and then something for an afternoon snack (granola bar - those carbs again! or low-fat jello). Sorry, I'm sure that's not much help!

There IS a yummy broccoli and/or cauliflower salad that someone at work kept eating that I"ve been bringing as well. Super easy (if you cut up the broccoli in advance) She just adds low fat poppyseed dressing and some shredded cheese, bacon bits if you are into that kind of thing, or I add very finely chopped red pepper. Yum! (if only I had more time in the morning to make it or would get off LM in the evening lol!!!)
    Mum to Alyssa (born April 30, 2005)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

when i'm not on mat leave i brought yogurt (in small gladware from large container), cut up veg's, fruit to go bars, apples or whatever's in season, granola bars, whatever horridly yummy baked goods i'd made recently , and then usually leftovers or a frozen dinner of some kind... that sucks though but i'd get sick of pb&j and i'm usually preggo when at work, so no sandwich meat...

lol, yes, this would be all in 1 day too like i said, preggo! plus i'd be out for 10hr stretches most days.

Expert Forum User

moms are allowed to eat?? Someone inform my kids please!
    When I went to school I usually packed a sandwich, juice,water or pop, usually a little bag a cereal or chips and an apple. Nothing overally fancy lol.
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

I take a lean pocket or a blue menu meal, cottage cheese , yougert & a diet pepsi. For a mid morning snack I usually have plain almonds or a fruit.
    Mom to the Desmanian Devil ( May 05 )

I would pack a sandwich, piece of fruit and yoghurt most of the time, plus water or a drink. Sometimes a granola bar, carrots or cookies. LEftovers from the night before are good too, if you have access to a microwave (which for those who are anti-microwave, that won't work! lol) You can get pre-made salads too and thats always good

Ah, yes, add almonds to mine. I always had a tin of almonds in my desk... and a bag of tootsie rolls.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! mamabear's Avatar

These are fun ideas!

Mum of fourI've never heard of eggs on crackers before. Is that something you made up or is it just the enormous rock I'm living under? I'm going to try it out.

Banned

I think it is likely an English thing!