Thread: gym membership

Default gym membership

Just looking for some input as to which gyms you go to/prefer and why and if you can give me some insight as to which ones are MORE expensive etc.

Thanks so much

I'm going today for a tour of the athletic glub and goodlife..I looked into curves and although I do like the concept they seem pretty pricey to me!

Mommy2Owen

lucky for me I get a FREE membership through work.. Have I gone to the gym?? NOPE!!!

Junior Member Simone+Luc=HappyMummy's Avatar

I can't say enough good things about the Y downtown. We have a family membership for $85 a month, but they do subsidize if you need it. For that $85 we get unlimited use of the fitness center (machines galore) the pool and hot tub and a bunch of great kiddies programs. Oh and you get access to the adult classes too...some are included (like yoga, step classes, and a whole bunch of others.)Childcare is also inlcuded in that price...and swim lessons for the kids! If you go there and let them know you are interested they will give you a tour. They also have the "executive" fitness center which is more pricey but I hear is very nice.

Have fun!

Claire

Administrator Site Admin

Erica,

I go to the Y too! We could walk on the treadmills together! Go there!

You can buy day passes for awhile on a punch card I think that works out to like $5 a visit so you can try before you sign up. They also have a daycare open with pretty good hours and a gym and swim program for Evan to go in if he doesn't like the daycare. It's an hour and a half so long enough for you to do your thing too!
    Leslie

We're members of the Y and absolutely love it! My kids are 6 & 4 and there's so much for them to do. And I'm really enjoying it too!
    MonsterMom

Workout addict, ultimate procrasinator, English student and knitter.

I go to the Athletic Club (south location) and love it. I pay $35 a month for the use of both clubs, any time of day (they're open 24 hours during the week).

Default memberships

I was thinking of the athletic club simply because of the corp. rate, but it's really NOT that much off the reg. price anyway :s I DO like that the hours are 24 and the special they have on right now..i DON'T like the fact that I have to sign up for a year though :s but then again it would sure make me stick to it wouldn't it!! LOL!!

Leslie,

The only thing is I have to go at night...would that be an option for you?? Maybe I could go right afterwork and Evan and your boys could do the gym and swim or something

Expert Forum User

I go to the Y too - but in St. Thomas ... Jack & I both have a membership and after the new baby comes we are going to get a family membership so DH can come too. It's great b/c it has the workout equipment and classes but also has the pool and children's programs. Right now Jack is doing the tumbling for tots every week and we go swimming a lot too so the price is definately right if you want to take your kids too.

Formerly Jacksmommy
    Becky ~ Mom to two busy boys, Jack & Ben

~Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind~
    ~Dr. Seuss~

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

i never thought of having a family pass, oh that would be so great. After this baby both of us need to loss weight. That would be a good idea! thanks ladies
    Tiffany
    Mom to Ben, Jonathan and Zachary