M2M
    Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Question this cant be normal (TMI)

Alright so my second period has started like my other post has informed you.

Well I was wondering whats the difference between a normal heavy flow is vs a dangerous amount of blood.

I woke up with such bad cramps, and as I got up to walk to the bathroom, I felt warmness go down my leg. I was bleeding down my leg. To the point you can tell how I walked to the bathrrom, because there is a trail of blood from my bedroom to my bathroom. And that was with a pad on. I also have a severe headache, as well as feeling very sick.

can this be normal?
    and how do I get blood out of my carpet?

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom! Mommy2Cuties's Avatar

Umm I would go to the doctor. Is there a way you could be pregnant and miscarrying? Only asking that because I just went through it so it is at the front of my mind.

I bled ALOT after Kiana. I actually passed out in the bathroom in the hospital from the blood loss and had the doctors and nurses quite concerned but Nolan isn't that new anymore so all the pregnancy blood should be gone..... umm I would go to the doctor or call the telehealth number (warning - they tend to err on the side of caution and can cause you more fear then required).
    I stole Turtle's Lollipop! xoxo

Nicole, mama to Miss A (April 2005), Miss K (Sept 2007), Angel Baby (August 2008), and Baby A (June 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2markus View Post
    Alright so my second period has started like my other post has informed you.

Well I was wondering whats the difference between a normal heavy flow is vs a dangerous amount of blood.
    I'm voting dangerous amount of blood. Call your doc or telehealth...

Yeah I agree with the pp, go to the ER.

Ana
    Expert Forum User

It can happen like that as a gush when you first wake up because the blood pools in your vagina while you are laying down. If it continues to gush, you need to see a doctor pronto, but my bet is that it slowed right down once you were up and walking around? As for the blood in your carpet, pour hydrogen peroxide on it and absorb with a paper towel, using new ones frequently so you arent just smearing it around. When its most absorbed, pour more on and repeat until the peroxide comes up clear. You might want to test this on a small inconspicuous area first.

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

hmm I'd be giving the doc a call. SInce you aren't feeling well at the same time. keep us posted
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I think you shoudl be seen by a Dr right away by the sounds of it! Good luck to you. I hope everything is going to be ok with you. Please update us when you are able to.
    I find blood to be one of the harder stains to get out of things. Spray and wash dual liquid works the best for me.

Expert Forum User

I agree go to the dr and get checked out. good luck getting the blood out of the carpet.
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Ana
    Expert Forum User

How are things now?

I don't know but if you find me can you send me home???

Did you go to the doc? What did they say? Interested myself as I am on my second period from Olivia and it is sounding very similar.....

M2M

I phoned my OB who was unable to see me today. he said that heavy bleeding can be normal and if I end up fainting to go in. awesome response.

It still has not slowed down at all, in today alone I have been through a pack of 12 pads....

Zoo

Soaking more than one pad an hour is cause to be looked at, I've always been told. But before my hysterectomy, I had to wear an OB Ultra tampon, *plus* an Always overnight with wings, man. And the first day of my period I was changing hourly. But I was "Just Fine" apparently.

My little guy is 7 months now and I still have a VERY heavy period! The first 2 after him were awful, I stayed very close to home. I would wear a heavy flow pad and a super tampon and was soaking through BOTH every half hour. I called telehealth and they told me to go in. I went, they ran a ton of tests, everything was fine. I followed up with my OB and was told that this is very common with 2nd, 3rd, 4th...etc. births.

Good luck, its not fun!
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

Expert Forum User

My first few periods after my DD were awful. I couldn't leave the house, I could barely leave the bathroom. I feel for you, hopfully it will get better.

Expert Forum User

The guideline I was given was more than 2 pads in an hour = visit the Doctor as there could still be a piece of placenta lodged in the uterus. I would go in for a pelvic (even to your family Dr) just in case.