Default 25 weeks & weight gain?

Okay so I am only up 12 or 13 lbs at just over 25 weeks...is that enough? all the websites say I should've gained 15 by around 20 weeks??? I think my LO is growing fine I feel movement all the time... I dunno I just gained a lot more by now with my boys.....

IMO if you are eating like you should be and keeping yourself hyderated you're fine. Every pregnancy is so different. I gained 60lbs with my DD and only 11lbs with my DS. My DS was actually bigger than DD at birth and they were both born at 37 weeks. I think that those are just "guidelines." I'm sure you're fine but if you are concerned I would talk to your OB at your next appointment.

Happy pregnancy!
    Catherine
    Catherine
    Mama of 2 wonderful Children,
    July 2006 & January 2008

well Jasmine as you know I am due a day after you, and this is my first pregnancy. I have only gained 4lbs, my midwife says that is fine, my babe measures the proper size and at my midwife (Talbot creek) they don't even make you weigh in at all during your pregnancy. Though at my last appt. she recommended that I try and gain a lb week from now on. So if they think my weight gain is fine, I am sure they'd think yours was great, Also you might be gaining less this time around because you have a 5 year old and 2 year old you have to chase around.

I only gained 19lbs total through my whole pregnancy and my doctors never said anything to me about weight gain (or lack there of) I think they are more concerned about the size of your stomach ect ... to show that baby is growing on schedule.

Good Luck

okay well I have a midwife appt tomorrow I haven't seen my midwife since June because she was on holidays during my July appt so I'm sure I will feel better after I talk to her...I am trying to eat like 2000 calories a day which is a lot for me & still I've only gained about 3 lbs in the last 8 weeks....I have another U/S too soon so when I see baby in there I'll probably feel good ....I don't know why but it's just freaking me out lol cause with the boys I gained so much -if this was my first pregnancy I probably would'nt even be concerned...I feel better now though knowing it's pretty normal to not gain that much I wasn't under weight either -I started the pregnancy at 135lbs so I guess even if I only gained 20 or 25 the whole time that would be fine....thanks

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

Last time by now I had put on 7-8 lbs. This time I'm, still the same despite my baby belly. Who knows, I'm not complaining. I did start this pregnancy about 5 lbs heavier than my first...
    Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.

~ Breastfed for 7 months, 2 weeks and 3 days ~

Expert Forum User

I had super bad morning sickness for the first 3 months and didn't start gaining weight until the fourth month. Baby was fine and growing well, i had been taking prenatal vitamins, etc. I measured small through my whole pregnancy and DD was still 7lbs 2oz when she was born!

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

With my second pregnacy I only gained a total of 12 lbs. My weight was never mentioned becasue the baby kept growing and measuring on target. ( well till the end when it measured really BIG) So I bet you are just fine.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

If your dr. isn't concerned your fine. I only gained 17lbs in total with my first, and lost 10 with my second, my drs weren't concerned at all.

Expert Forum User

Everyone is different. My first I gained 60 LBS !!!!! I was under the impression - a pound a week, then at the end, I just ballooned. I think in 2 weeks I gained 10 lbs. I also had a 10lb baby. This pregnancy, I am 21/5 weeks, and have gained 4 pounds. I eat very healthy, and try to keep it reasonable. I def. get enough cal's in a day, I just make sure they are good cal's and alot of fibre.
    I would be happy if I could stay under 30 by the end (I only lost 30 of the last 60, so that puts me at the same spot in the end)

Hi, I only gained 17 pounds with my second pregnancy and our little guy was 6 pounds 8 ounces only one ounce difference from our first son.

I will be 26 weeks tomorrow and i have gained 13lbs
    Me (31)
    DH (36)
    DS#1 - December 30/2008
    Breastfed - 13 months
    DS#2 - August 20/2011
    Breastfed - ongoing
    Fur baby (11.5)

Expert Forum User

Update - I am now 23.5 weeks and after a bout of stomach flu two weeks ago, my total pregnancy weight increase is 2 lbs.