Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Birth Stories

Expert Forum User

My daughter was born on December 10, 2009 at 3:39pm.

My husband and I had planned to have a water birth at home originally but we didn't get “approved“ by our midwife because I had pregnancy complications. Specifically I had extreme morning sickness which I had to take Diclectin with for the entire pregnancy and for whatever reason I had incredibly low blood pressure. Doctors/ midwives were unsure of what would happen when I went into labor. They said that either my blood pressure would become normal or would drop off even farther resulting in an emergency c-section. I was really scared of the concept of an emergency c-section but I didn't think that was really likely.

Luckily I was right! On December 8th I went into labour late in the day. My husband was supposed to go to work for 11pm but called in because we weren't sure what was going to happen. I was in “early“ labor with our first child. Contractions were long - 1 minute + but were completely random making it nearly impossible to relax. This lasted for 2 days.

I didn't sleep, I picked at food, wandered around the house, watched Little Mermaid, etc.

The midwife suggested that I take a gravol and an advil and try to get some sleep. I tried that but it didn't do a thing.

Day 2 was much the same except I was more tired. I kept hydrated with gatorade and had a couple of scrambled eggs and toast. I was very nauseated and called the midwife again asking her what to do. She asked me how far apart my contractions were and when I told her there wasn't really a pattern she said to “hang tight“ and “try to relax“ and call her back when they reached 5-1-1. (5 minutes apart, 1 minute long for at least 1 hr).

On day 3 I called her again. This time at 9:30am. The contractions had changed and were coming 2 minutes apart. It had only been half an hour but I was worried. She told me to relax and come into her office for my appointment at 11:00am and she'd see how things were then.

It took us at least an hour to get out of the house to get to my appointment. We ended up getting there late. She checked me and said to get to the hospital because I was 5cm. She said we could take our time and she would meet us over there.

We went directly to the hospital (Royal Victoria - Barrie) and checked in. Things went really crazy from here. I could barely stand to be by myself. I think she thought I was being overly whiney or something because I kept freaking out randomly but she had just checked me an hour ago and I had been at 5cm. She told me I had to pee in a cup (as per hospital rules) and I said I couldn't and she argued with me that it was just a little pee and I said that I really couldn't that I didn't have to go. She was concerned I was dehydrated. I said there was too much pressure. She looked at me funny then told me to get up on the table so she could check me. Next she says “Do you feel like you have to push? Because you're at 10!“ 5 to 10 in 1 hr does hurt!!

Anyway “Babykins“ was out shortly there after. I'd have to say I enjoyed the labor more than the pregnancy and the pushing stage was probably my favourite part. She was 5lbs 13oz born at 39 weeks.

Midwife said if we do have any other children things will probably go even faster.

Ok, so I had a major hip injury (among other injuries) about 3 and a half years ago, which caused a ridiculously painful pregnancy. Consequently I decided that by 38 weeks I had had enough of the pain and it was time for the baby to come out. I had my 38 week appointment and we set an induction day (for labour day no less!). Then the next day I thought that perhaps my water had broken and was leaking slowly out (my first baby by the way). So I went in to get checked out, they did the exam to see if I was dilated, etc, and I found that extremely painful and uncomfortable. They said I was about 2cm dilated, but the water was intact, then they explained to me the procedure for induction, and the piece of tape they have to put in behind the cervix. I decided right then and there that I was going to have this baby naturally lol, there was NO way I was going to go through that awful procedure again (it hurt so much the first time and they barely even TOUCHED the cervix, never mind getting in behind it!). So I started walking, and walking... and walking some more. When I couldn't stand to walk anymore I would sit on my exercise ball and bounce. Finally, the night before my son was born my husband and I had sex, after another long walk of course, because I figured that could get things moving. I also had a little pep talk with the baby and told him it was ok and he could come out, I would take care of him. 4:30am my water broke (unmistakeable this time!), so I cleaned up and put on a pad and off to the hospital we went! Got there, got changed and so on.. I'm sure you all know the procedure lol. We figured since it was my first baby we had hours and hours to go before things were even close to birthing time. I was put in a room and then decided we would start walking. I had contractions from the time I woke up, and they were close together but not strong, although rapidly increasing in strength as time wore on. I visited my grandmother in another part of the hospital, then walked back to the birthing center. The pain was fairly significant by that point (it was about 8:45am), so I discussed the possibility of pain meds and nausea meds as well. Before we could really get anything started Dr Maruncic came in to check on me before he started his day upstairs. He went to feel how dilated I was and whispered something to the nurse, then looked at me and said “We have some bad news dear.“ I asked what it was and he said “The cord is coming out ahead of the baby.“ I felt a ton of pressure & pain at that point, because he was pushing the baby's head backwards, up off the cord. So I asked what that meant, and he told me it meant C-section. Meanwhile, a nurse had come in and switched places with him, hopped on the bed with me and he went around to the head of the bed and started to push it out the hallway. The nurse was now pushing the baby's head up, which hurt quite a bit I have to say lol. I was yelling out in pain, although trying to stay calm as well. Anyway a team of.. probably 7 or so people showed up as we made our way to the Operating Room. Everything happened so fast it was hard to keep track of! They got me into the O.R. and an anaesthesiologist asked me if I had ever been 'put out' before, I said yes, and he asked if I was allergic to anything, I answered. He put the mask on me right away, another nurse had her hand on my throat putting a lot of pressure on it, so they would be right ready to intibate (sp?) as soon as I was out. The nurse holding the baby's head up was telling me to be calm and breathe deeply, as this other lady is crushing my throat lol. A third nurse was holding my hand for comfort, and reaching across the room readying tools, Dr. Maruncic was painting my stomach with betadine and assuring me that he wouldn't cut until I was out. It was quite a whirlwind of activity!! Anyway, I was out in no time and I'm told that from the time I was asleep, to the time the baby had been born was about 30 seconds. I guess they also had a pediatrician come down as well, to check the baby over and make sure he was ok. Apparently he cried right away, and was awake and alert and showing great signs of being ready to breastfeed and everything! My husband and my mom got to see the baby about 5 minutes after he was born. They took me to X-ray to make sure no tools were left behind, then I woke up in recovery about 2 hours later, at which point they brought the baby right in to me, and I got to hold my beautiful baby boy for the first time He was born at 9:07am on september 3rd, and weighed 6lbs 4oz!!

Baby's Name: Sarah Megan
    Date of Birth: November 23
    Due Date: November 20
    Weight/ Height: 8 lbs 7 oz and 22 inches long

On Mon, Nov. 22nd, I woke up at 5:30 am to pee but, after emptying my bladder and getting back in bed, felt liquid trickle out of me. I put on a pad and went back to bed. Water continued to trickle all day. It was probably only a few tablespoons total and barely showed up on the pad. But my midwife thought it certainly sounded like my water was breaking. She told me 90% of women who have premature rupture go into labour within 24 hours. So we waited.

At 9 pm (15.5 hours after they broke) my midwife called again and gave me a choice. She told me about the risk of infection and how that risk increases after 24 hours (and I had been on complete pelvic rest all day, taking my temperature every few hours, paying close attention to fetal movement, and watching for discolouration in my water). She offered to come to my house and do a stretch and sweep, but of course that was not exactly pelvic rest and could introduce new bacteria into the area. The only other option was to wait and see if labour would start. It was a really tough decision. I very much wanted to avoid pitocin (which I felt I should do if I opted for the S&S because of the increased risk of infection) but I wasn't sure how long I was comfortable waiting for labour to start on it's own (because of the gradual increase in risks there too). DH and I talked it over and chose to go for the S&S. As my midwife was driving over I had serious regrets about my choice. I really was afraid of pitocin. When she arrived she asked if I had been crying, I admitted it and told her my fears. She was incredibly consoling and reassured me that I was in a very difficult situation. She validated my frustration at having no easy answer and allowed me to feel upset about having to be in that situation, but she also reassured me that if we ended up in hospital that an induction is not so bad. She explained the process and what my options would be. Since I had assumed I would not be induced all pregnancy (was planning a home birth) I actually knew very little about what it involves.

At 10 pm we went ahead with the S&S. I was only 1 cm dilated, but she could stretch it to 3, and my cervix was mushy. She tried to do the S&S very thoroughly because she knew how much I wanted it to work. I had always liked my midwife but after that night I was so extremely grateful for what she had done, in her efforts to help avoid induction but also to comfort me, she is very special to me now. I am so glad I switched to midwife care this pregnancy and ended up with her.

That night I had contractions and at one point really thought it worked and I would get my home birth. But by 6 am they were completely gone. So my mom came to take care of DD and we packed our hospital bag and went for the induction. We got there at 10 am and they took blood work to see if there was any sign of infection, which there wasn't. I got the fetal heart monitor and the contraction monitor. I was apparently having regular contractions but couldn't feel them. We thought that was a good sign and that I wouldn't need much pitocin. We were wrong. I needed the maximum dosage you can get without OB consent and it took 6 hours to start labour.

Nov. 23, at 6 pm labour started and the OB ruptured the rest of my membranes (since only a tiny amount came out we concluded that I had a high tear and still had PLENTY of water left to rupture). By 8:30 we knew I was in transition and my midwife and the nurse were getting their gloves on in case they had to catch the baby. The OB came and I began pushing. It took about 5 minutes to push her out. She was born at 8:52 pm. My midwife grabbed the camera and took pictures of those first moments, when she was being placed on me. DH was crying and Sarah was perfectly healthy. I had a 2nd degree tear. She breastfed beautifully within an hour of birth.

We had to spend a night at the hospital because of how long I had been on pitocin (increased risk of hemorrhaging). They kept me on it still through the night to help the uterus contract. However it caused contractions that kept me from sleeping. I hadn't slept in 2 days at this point and I hated these mild contractions more than the big ones during labour because I was so tired! We went home as soon as we could.

In the end I'm happy with my birth experience. It was nothing like I had hoped for, but I made the most of the situation I ended up in. My midwife and DH were wonderful advocates for me, ensuring I had the things I wanted (ie.introduced to everyone well before for the delivery, not laying down for pushing, not harassed about pain meds...) Everyone was very respectful and supportive. Sarah came into the world in a very happy, supportive environment, even though it wasn't my home, and that was what I really wanted.
    Last edited by Cynnamin; 01-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Expert Forum User

It was monday night (8 days before my duedate) and I spent the night trying to cross off the last things on my list of things to do before the baby was born. so I just finished filling my ipod which was th last thing on my list. and I went to bed.
    I woke up in the morning to pee like all other pregnant ladies lived in the bothroom and I was bleeding lots.
    I called my husband to come get me and go to the hospital.
    they check me out and said i had lots of time left and it was probably just the mucus plug coming out.
    that night it was about 9pm and I told my husband I think the baby will be here early. He looked at me and said ah we have plenty of time. and said I don't know about that I think he is going to be here sooner then you think. he laughed at me and said well I'd better get some sleep then and he rolled over and went to sleep.
    I didn't tell him “I was already having contractions that were starting to suck more and more.
    stronger and stronger by midnight I decided I should keep track of them and I grabbed my lap top and pulled it into bed with me and googled a contraction clock basically you click it when it starts and you click it when it stops and it monitors every thin for you. by 4am I was bent over then bed trying to contain my contractions with the laptop on the floor and clicking the button with my big toe and the start and end of my contractiong when my husband finally woke up. its time I said and he jumped out of bed and started packing the car.
    my contractions were 5 mins apart.
    he helped me to the car while yelling at me for not waking him up.
    we got to the hospital and te took us right into a delivery room, they checked me out and said I was 6 cm already. I tried walking around but I didn't want to do anything but lay in bed so I did.
    I started feeling sick between contractions. I'd have a big contraction and wince in pain then I would run to the bathroom and poop then back in bed and another contraction then run back to the bathroom to poop and back and forth until I ran out of poop then I would go back and forth between contraction to puke and that went on for about 2 hours. until I finally gave in and took the drugs.
    The drug guy came in and I cried so much the whole time I got the drugs I really wanted to go natural but I couldn't take it anymore. when the drugs kicked in i was soo happy.
    I kicked my husband out and I went to sleep for about 45 mins. when I woke up we qued up the dvd player and watched avatar. a nurse joined us. my husband thought it was just because she wanted to watch the movie but I explained to him she was monitoring me and the baby.
    at the end of the movie (because my so is curtious) his heart rate started to dip lower and lower. he was getting into the 40s which is insainly low. the urse ran out
    and the head nurse ran in. she told me if could happen if I've become 10cm and we didn't realize so she checked me and said yup your 10cm push. and of course I wasn't ready for that.
    she ran out of the room to call the doctor all the while yelling at me from the hall to push. I couldn;'t feel anything from the drugs I couldn't even move my legs I was dead weight. she came back and put my legs into sturups and yelled to push. the doctor came in and checked me and said ok we need to get this baby out now. and i thought “HELLO!! what do you think we are doing?“ and with that thought someone snuck up around the other side of me and put a mask on my face and my dactor started calling other doctors and we very quickly went from 2 people in the room to 30. and there were these people shoving forcepts in my face saying want to asee them want to see? and everyone was yelling. and of course no one would tell me anything. and next thing I know the baby was on the other side of the room I didn't even know he was out.

what they didn't tell me was that he was in distress. the cord was around his neck and they had a special doctor come in and give me an episiotomy and use forcepts to pull him out. it took 5 mins from ok push to ripping him out of me litterally.
    It was very scary.
    I hope my next one isn't so aweful. (delivery not baby love the baby)
    ~Who ever said "don't cry over spilt milk" has never been a breast feeding mother with latch issues standing over a puddle

I was 2 weeks overdue. They induced me Friday July 9th at 8 AM. I had to sit there for an hour to see how things were progessing. Since nothing was happening, I was ent home and told to come back by 2 if my water didn't break or I didn't start having regular contractions. I went back at 2, sat for a little while again and nothing so they broke my water. They said that things should start progressing now. My son should start coming now. My body AND son were both stubborn. I would not dialate at all. I was stuck at 5 cm's for hours. They did the jelly, they did the drips, they had me up and walking to dialate me but nothing worked. I was trying to avoid the epidural. My original plan was to do it all naturally. As of Saturday, there was still no sign of DS coming. Contractions were intense, off the chart (I wasn't feeling them just really uncomfortable) They gave me some Morphine to ease them a little bit. That made me incredibly drowsy. They started talking about doing an emergency C-Section. I kept refusing it however. They had no reason to. They stated I was fine and so was baby. They just wanted me to be done and out. I was getting frustrated by Saturday night. 3 other women had been in and out. One was twins. The other called, said she'd be there in 15 mins because she was in labour, came in- 20 mins later she had her child. 4AM Sunday morning, I gave in to getting the epidural. They said that was my only option if I refused to do C-Section. By 6AM, I was fully dialated. We were just waiting for DS to arrive. I finally started feeling the urge to push, I felt him coming. Around 830, being worn out from the weekend of this, I couldn't push anymore. I was exhausted. They gave me another dose in the epidural and used forceps because he was close enough for them. At 8:51 AM, my little boy was born at 8lbs and 12 oz! 49 hours later lol (After originally being induced that is.)

Default Welcome AIDRIELLE!

I can remember how I gave birth..

Adrielle was my first.

It was my last prenatal when I felt blood on my underwear. I was so scared. My OB told me that my cervix is already 1 cm opened and advised me to be confined in a hospital because she thought Aidrielle was in breech position.

So went to the hospital. I can feel my tummy aching..I noticed it hurts in 5 mins interval..I thought i was gonna give birth..not yet..

Next day same thing happens, I went home again

It was finally on the third day that I gave birth..

It was so exhausting, humiliating..

But you wouldn't care if they see what you between your legs..

All you can think of is deliver the baby.!

When I saw him, he was an ANGEL!

Whitehills...Two blocks from my childhood home!

Chase Alexander arrived on May 4th at 2:29 am. My water broke on May 3rd at about 10:30 pm after being in early labour for four days. WHen I arrived at the hospital I was put on the contraction monitor and heart monitor. I was having pretty bad contractions very close together. There was three sets of twins to be delievered before I was to be c sectioned, but I told the OB I had the overwhelming need to PUSH so he got me down to the OR ASAP! My BFF Jenn went down with me to witness her Godson being born. DH and my mom were waiting in the waiting room. Chase was born at 36 w and 2 days, and is perfectly healthy. He does not need to spend time in the NICU or anything. He is 7lbs 2 oz at birth and 49 cm long. Because he was pre term Chase needed blood sugar testing. He had some issues keeping it up above 3 but with some formula help we did. He's been pretty much a boob baby now since we came home yesterday. Nursing is a struggle but I am determined. I may need to goto a well baby clinic and see if I can get some help.
    I am totally in love with my little man! All my men in my life are amazing!

Congrats Hame!

It was late Saturday morning on August 26th and I was one week overdue. As I reached into the fridge for some water after a long, sleepless and crampy night I felt something trickle down my leg. Thinking I had peed myself, I went to the bathroom and realized my water was breaking...very slowly leaking out of me. After a quick text to my mom, I woke my boyfriend out of a dead sleep and told him “It's happening“.

At the hospital things happened very quickly. The nurse suspected meconium staining so I was hooked up to a fetal monitor. 6 hours later I was in labour and not progressing. My nurse told me that if I was thinking of having an epidural I should have it NOW. I consented. After the epidural was placed my blood pressure bottomed out and I started throwing up and rethought my decision for an epidural...unfortunately there was no turning back.
    After another 6 hours I was still progressing very very slowly and was administered pitocin (one of my nightmares)...that sped up my contractions but also put my baby in danger. His heart rate started dropping dramatically and about 5 staff members and myself watched the monitor religiously. It was the scariest moment of my life watching the heart rate drop and rise, drop and rise but before I could think about anything else I was being wheeled to the OR for an emergency C-section.
    After that, the scene in the OR reminded me of a Grey's Anatomy episode. They were about to put me out entirely but an anasthetiologist came through at the last moment and administered another dose. They barely had time to set up the partition and an incision was made. When they were taking the baby out I felt the most intense pressure I had ever felt in my life, kind of like an elephant was sitting on top of me and I couldn't breathe.
    I heard a cry and hoped he hadn't inhaled any of the meconium. I thought they would hold him up so I could see him but he was taken somewhere close because I could hear is screams. No one was telling me what had happened and I was still feeling really sick from the epidural. I was still throwing up strapped to a cold metal table with no one telling me what was going on with my baby. My boyfriend wasn't allowed to come in until they were almost finished sewing me up so I felt very alone and scared.
    Finally a nurse brought Alexander in to meet us. It turned out he had the cord wrapped around his neck, hence the drop in his heartrate. They handed him to my boyfriend who held him up so I could see him and I said Happy Birthday. Then I threw up. Great first memory. Our meeting didn't last long as he was having difficulty breathing and needed to be put on oxygen.
    He ended up being in the NICU for a week to be treated for pneumonia. The first day was the worst as I was the only mom in the maternity ward without my baby with me....but after that I was obsessed with pumping every 2 hours, determined to breastfeed no matter how long he had to stay in the NICU.
    Needless to say, my birth plan went out the window and it wasn't anything like I thought it was going to be except for the outcome. Alexander Joseph was born on August 27th at 3:48 am and I was elated!

Default He's Finally Here!!

So now that we're home and have settled down a little, I have time to jot down the birth story of our newest addition!!

Robert James Gill was born Jan. 11 at 5:13pm via c-section

We had a normal tue night and morning on wed, I was laying on the couch a little tired and had sat up to get up and get going for the day at about 915am when I felt a small gush, I posted a thread questioning if my water had broken and gotten the advice to call my MW, which I did! My MW came to check that my water had broken and my progress, I still had not felt any contractions at this point. I was checked at about 1245am and was 5cm already!! My MW had felt something on one side of my cervix and wanted to go in and be monitered to check that babe was all good (our pulses were a little high but was chalked up to being dehydrated as it went back to normal after some water)! We get to triage by shortly after 1pm, by this time I was having contractions from being checked and doing a stretch and sweep to give labor a push start! We decided to stay and get a delivery room around 2. We get settled into the room, and my MW checks me again and plans to break the water buldge, I'm still 5cm but she can still feel something to the side so she wants the doctors opinion before she proceeds with breaking the water. Dr.Lopez comes in and confirms her suspicions of it being the cord.. labour can't continue, it's called a prolapse uterine cord, which I guess is rare, but it's when the cord is coming out first before the babe. It's not good because once that happens you have about 5-10 min to get the baby out before a lack of oxygen becomes an issue. scary stuff!
    So we get rushed into the O.R, where I get a spinal laying on my side (I'm not allowed to sit or stand) and the surgery starts.
    DS was born and we couldn't of been happier that he was safe and sound! His cord was coiled on top of his head, he was wearing it like a crown, which is cute, but also means there was no safe way to have a vaginal birth (my hopes for a vbac down the drain). It was explained to me that there were a couple different circumstances that caused us to evade an emergency... my water broke in the back and not the front so the sac of water that my MW was going to break but didn't (she's amazing) was holding the cord in place and stopping it from prolapsing or falling out, I had alot of amniotic fluid which helped DS from compressing his cord, his head is huge and didn't fit easlity into the birth canal again stopping a cord compression...all really scary situations! all hapening with only 4 hours of labour, and skipping early labour all together We didn't even get to spend an hour in the beautiful delivery room!!

It was definately a whirl wind of activity but myself and baby are doing well, we even got to come home a day earlier than usual!!

I think this is my longest post ever I'm just so proud of my little man!!! thanks for reading

This was our first and he was a planned home birth with a midwife and doula.
    My hubby and I had just finished watching a movie in bed on July 23rd (my due date). It was late, about 1:30am, and we were just about to go to sleep when I felt a very small gush. I got up, went into the bathroom, and felt the fluid continue to trickle out slowly. I knew this was it and I started to panic a bit but my hubby calmed me down. I know they say to rest in the first stage so I tried to lie down while he got me some juice and crackers, but within half an hour contractions had started. They continued to get worse over the next 4 hours. About 2 hours in, I got into the shower and he sprayed my back with the shower nozzle every time one came. At about 6:30 we called our doula and our midwife who said she would come check if I was in active labour. At this point contractions were every 3 minutes lasting about a minute each. By 7 our doula and midwife were there and she confirmed I was in active labour. I immediately got into our bathtub, and other than getting out to go pee or be checked by my midwife, I stayed in there for the next 5 1/2 hours pretty much. Water helped me so much! The back labour was so so bad but my doula and hubby were amazing at helping with counter pressure massage. I also tried to drink as much water as possible. I remember being so incredibly hot but not wanting to get out of the bath. At about 1:45 I felt this incredible urge to bear down so I got out and pushed a bit on the toilet (the positioning helped a lot!), then moved to the bed and continue to push for about an hour and a half. It was sooo hard. I think I was just so incredibly exhausted at this point especially since I hadn't slept yet. After almost two hours of pushing, the midwife mentioned she was supposed to consult with a doctor if it has been more than 2 hours, and she suggested I try a different position. I got down and squatted and within 4 minutes my beautiful baby boy was born. He started crying almost immediately and I was able to pull him up on my own and hold him to me for a long time while they cleaned me up and stitched me up (I had a minor tear). My hubby cut the cord too.
    I tried to breastfeed but he just wasn't latching well. I continued to try through the night and finally he latched on, it was such a relief!
    The birth was such a wonderful experience and I'm grateful that my birth went according to plan. I was a little anxious when he didn't start breastfeeding immediately but it all worked out

This was our first and he was a planned home birth with a midwife and doula.
    My hubby and I had just finished watching a movie in bed on July 23rd (my due date). It was late, about 1:30am, and we were just about to go to sleep when I felt a very small gush. I got up, went into the bathroom, and felt the fluid continue to trickle out slowly. I knew this was it and I started to panic a bit but my hubby calmed me down. I know they say to rest in the first stage so I tried to lie down while he got me some juice and crackers, but within half an hour contractions had started. They continued to get worse over the next 4 hours. About 2 hours in, I got into the shower and he sprayed my back with the shower nozzle every time one came. At about 6:30 we called our doula and our midwife who said she would come check if I was in active labour. At this point contractions were every 3 minutes lasting about a minute each. By 7 our doula and midwife were there and she confirmed I was in active labour. I immediately got into our bathtub, and other than getting out to go pee or be checked by my midwife, I stayed in there for the next 5 1/2 hours pretty much. Water helped me so much! The back labour was so so bad but my doula and hubby were amazing at helping with counter pressure massage. I also tried to drink as much water as possible. I remember being so incredibly hot but not wanting to get out of the bath. At about 1:45 I felt this incredible urge to bear down so I got out and pushed a bit on the toilet (the positioning helped a lot!), then moved to the bed and continue to push for about an hour and a half. It was sooo hard. I think I was just so incredibly exhausted at this point especially since I hadn't slept yet. After almost two hours of pushing, the midwife mentioned she was supposed to consult with a doctor if it has been more than 2 hours, and she suggested I try a different position. I got down and squatted and within 4 minutes my beautiful baby boy was born. He started crying almost immediately and I was able to pull him up on my own and hold him to me for a long time while they cleaned me up and stitched me up (I had a minor tear). My hubby cut the cord too.
    I tried to breastfeed but he just wasn't latching well. I continued to try through the night and finally he latched on, it was such a relief!
    The birth was such a wonderful experience and I'm grateful that my birth went according to plan. I was a little anxious when he didn't start breastfeeding immediately but it all worked out

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456