Thread: Vent

Expert Forum User

Default Vent

My Kids were driving me nuts this morning. 1) my 20month old, was up most of the night. Apparently just not tired. When my husband left for work this morning. HE started to cry and I think he basically cried until his nap at 11am. My DH left at 630. 2) My 3 year old wanted to go to Nanny's all morning long. My dad picked him up at 1230. But in the mean time every 10 minutes I swear he asked to go to there house. Every 10 mins Did I already say that?????

I tried to cheer the little guy up but nothing. I gave him stuff for teething but nothing but tears. My older one jsut wouldn't listen. I actually got to the point of picking up his toys and "putting them away" for awhile. I am not even sure how long they are gone for.

Then the baby woke up to be fed, I felt so stressed. Since the house is quiet now. I am getting some stuff done. But wonder how to cope some days, without losing it. Who knows what I am even talking about???

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

OH boy I have had days like that!!!! When a day like that happens I leave hubby with the kids when dinner is over. Have him clean up, put the kids to bed and I just go. Anywhere!!!!! I hope things get better for you~!!!!
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

I hear you sister!!! I have days like that. With a 2 yr old not listening and pushing my buttons while the 3 month old crys and I can not figure it out.... I am feeling your stress! It is hard work being a mom and when i don't get a have decent sleep, watch out!!! I am definately more "sensitive" to everything! I have stared to see a homeopathic dr. and she has given me a remedies for feeling overwhelmed & one for when i feel Fustrated; I have to say I think they work! Good luck and may we all have super patience!!!
    Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Karen1-2-3 View Post
    ... 2) My 3 year old wanted to go to Nanny's all morning long. My dad picked him up at 1230. But in the mean time every 10 minutes I swear he asked to go to there house. Every 10 mins Did I already say that?...

My 4yr old does this when she's not at day care. She asks when she's going. If I tell her after lunch, she asks when lunch is, then asks if it's lunch time yet... Seriously wanting to rip out my hair some days...
    www.pamperedchef.biz/maryfurlan

Take Charge! Take Action! Ask me how easy it is to be your own boss!

Expert Forum User

I think most of us have had those days. Try to stay calm...They can smell the fear! My oldest just doesn't shut up and has an awful attitude & my youngest is teething and absolutly miserable this morning so now I'm sitting here at the computer trying to ignore Ivy and not make eye contact with the youngest(she cries the second I look at her) lol I know Im a mean mommy
    April - Mommy to Ivy, Sophia & Ryker

Expert Forum User

When I felt like this (and stil do at times even with older kids), I just 'get out of the house and do something different'. Walk to the park, out to a greenhouse (Heman's comes to mind). etc. I find I need to be 'out side' as to being inside, ie. trip to the mall or childrens' place like McDonald's playland although those help too. Hope the sun shining today helps everyones moods!