Default 3 1/2 month old and sleep

My sweet girl is all over the chart when it comes to sleep! We are formula feeding and At 2 months she was going 4 hrs between feeds( If i fed her earlier she just did not want it). We dropped the 10-11 pm feed around the same time because she was in such a deep sleep and she was gaining weight like gang busters!! I was, and still am, ok with getting up once around 2-3 am to feed; It usually takes a max of 30 mins, so I am back to bed and not missing out on too much sleep! She has also had moments ( 4 days in a row) where she has slept from 730 pm to 630-7 am, waking once because she lost her soother! Now she is waking up up to 3-4 times a night for a feed and because she has lost her soother; Sometimes i can go in, give her her soother and she is good for a couple of hours, other times it only last maybe an hour ( obviously needing a fed so of coarse I feed her) Only for her to wake around 6 am!! Now you all might be saying 6 am is not bad, but when you know she can go up to 10 hrs and the last feed was only at 330 It just does not jive with me! Ha ha ha! So last night I re introduced the 1030pm sleepy feed thinking it would get her to 630-7 without those waking ups for her soother. Well no luck there either;
    she woke around 130 for her soother and again at 540, then for her feed at 645 ( I probably could have feed her at the 540 but choose to see what would happen)!! Any suggestions or tips on what worked for you!
    Amy

My girl is 9 weeks old now... and her thing right now is maaaaaybe sleeping from 9:30 or 10:30ish pm to about 1:30 am then staying up until 3 am, sleeping until about 9:30 am. I'll be watching this post for any tips. She's BF though, and I'm fine getting up once too, I just wish I could move her time back a little so that she wakes at 6 am or something. I WAS an early riser before she was born and would love to be back close to waking up at about 6-6:30 am. Some nights the girl wakes up at 11:30 pm and stays up until 3 am. (Not trying to hijack...I need help too! )

The nights she has good sleeps... I can't tell what is different because we usually do everything the same. The feeds are the same, the way we put her to sleep is the same, I just don't get it. I think my daughter is just too young to have a real schedule maybe... I dunno.

Oh the sleepless nights!!!! I do the bedtime routine the same every night aswell!!! My 2 yr old, Lucy, was a fabulous sleeper ( and still is); 12 hrs a night from 3 months old ( 730-730) so the standard has been set high for Miss Molly! Every kid is different! But it would be nice for some consistency!! So bring on the tips or suggestions!
    Amy

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

It could be a growth spurt.

Expert Forum User

That's what I was thinking too.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pumpkinery-Creations/220912411314225

Hi girls,
    My LO is 12 weeks old and he did almost the exact same thing the last couple of days! I thought maybe he was going through a growth spurt b/c regardless of the "sleepy time" feed is still getting up in the middle of the night (3 or 4 am) for another big feed. B/c he is eating so much at that feed my doctor said it is b/c he is hungry!!! But then he wants to wake up at 6 am and is never hungry!!! So my husband and I have decided to leave him in his room until 7am to hopefully develop a routine for him that he knows it isn't time to wake up until 7am!!! lol....who knows if it will work.....it did however this morning! He started rustling around 6 am and we left him in there until 7am....he fell asleep after he rustled around for about 15 min. so that was good and when he woke up at 7am he was just as jovial and happy as he would have been at 6am!!!.....plus it gave me an extra hour!!! so precious!
    I hope that he will start taking more formula on his last night feed so it can take him to 6am.....cause then I wouldn't have a prob. waking up for that if I don't have to wake up in the middle of the night. I have major difficulty getting back to sleep from the middle of the night feed so it would be great if he starting sleeping through that feed!!!!
    Sorry that probably didn't help but I was hoping other ppl were in the same situation!

v.ridley

It could be a growth spurt, but advice I was once given about night feeds is to decrease the amount you are giving. ie - 6 oz, then 5, then 4, etc. until it's just not worth it for them to wake up.
    don't know if it iwll help your situation, but it worked for us for months, until 'captain personality' decided he misses his mom and wants to wake up each night.