Default starting home child care

I am having a hard time finding people who need home child care right now, i do have 3 spots available in my home, but I was just wondering what exactly people are looking for?,and was wondering for anyone else who has started home child care,how long did it take before you got some business?
    motheroffive

hummmm..... I remember signing up my first child the first week I started doing interviews. The second child came during the 2nd week of interviews. I was getting all cocky and thinking this was a snap. Then I was at a stand still for over a month. I had half a dozen interviews but nothing worked out on either end. I got discouraged and gave up for 2 months and wasn't really looking. Jumped back into it head first and signed up my 3rd and final child in a weeks time.

I'd say that to find 3 great families I went threw about 10 interviews if memory serves me.

I started out slow by choice and only took one child and then a few months later another one and I was fine with that in the early days.

But, once I really decided to go full-time I filled all my spots within 2 months.

Daycare seems to be busier in the months of September and January for some weird reason. I always find I have parents always looking for those times.

Have you put up posters on mailboxes etc around?? Also, probably a dumb question but did you post on the LM classifieds?

What part of London do you live in? Do you know other providers in your area? If so,let them know you are looking. I am always sending parents elsewhere when they are looking for care and I have no room . Most providers are happy to hand out your number.