Mommy2Owen

Default It would have been my Dads 63rd birthday today!! :(

He passed away 8 years ago and for some reason it is really bothering me this year. I am unsure why though... I thought about it before going ot bed last night and keep thinking about it off and on all day!!

It's been 8 years.. so why now and all of a sudden???????

I must be PMSing and more emotional...lol..
    Who knows...anways

Happy birthday Dad!! I miss you LOTS!!!!!!!!!

**hugs to you**

I always missed loved ones termendously when there is a big life event going on or if I've hit a rough patch.

lo&tristansmom

It doesnt matter how much time goes by....you'll always miss them..

It has been almost a year since my MIL passed and yeah you get days like that. Hugs to you and know you are not alone.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

Expert Forum User

I am so sorry that you are having a rough day - I understand, though. I lost both of my parents at young ages - my dad in 1996, when he was 40 and I was 15, and my mom passed away just over 4 years ago (she was 42, I was 21). All of a sudden, one or both of their deaths will just "hit me". There are even days when I write "2001" as the year and say I'm 21 (the year and my age when she passed away)...talk about being in a "rut" sometimes! I'm thinking about you - I am a firm believer in doing what you need to do...cry, sing, shout, whatever. Take time for YOU today, and do what you can to celebrate your dad.

Hugs to you Melissa.(((HUGS))))) It has been 9 years today since my grandpa passed away. It too was really bothering me today as well. I never had a chance to say goodbye to him..it was very sudden. I think we all deal with grief in certain ways and the slightest little thing can trigger "memories".....
    Thinking of you!!

Mommy2Owen

Thanks for all the kinds words and thoughts. It was a hard day for me. but being busy working with 9 babies (not by myself ) keeps your mind off things for a while.

I think I clued into why it MIGHT be bothering me. My Mom has a new boyfriend who I dont really care for only met him twice...so thats probably the reasoning behind it all.. I am 34 years old so I have no worries of him taking Dad's place, he NEVER will...possibly Mom moving on makes me remember him more

Thanks again for listening. It nice to have someone to vent to!