Thread: Registration?

Default Registration?

Hi everyone!
    I was hoping someone might be able to pass on some information. I was wondering how to register myself as a home daycare? Also, any information about giving reciepts?
    TIA!
    ~ Emmy's Mum

I do not know about registering to be a home daycare as I am not registered. As for receipts, I hand them out at the end of the year. I put name, amount, what it is for and sign it.
    Loving mom to DD '99 and DD '01
    Proud foster mom to #4 and counting

In Ontario, you do not legally have to be licensed to be a home caregiver, though some home caregivers do get licensed through agencies like London Children's Connection and so on. If you are looking to get licensed, that would be a good place to start. You should call Child & Family Services to verify your regulations and get it in writing, but from what I learned, you are legally allowed to have up to 5-kids under age 10 considered as "babysitting services" in addition to your own children. However, you do need to obtain insurance for your business and not all insurance companies will insure up to that many children. I switched my insurance to Cooperators and it works well.

Good luck!
    Erin

Yep, LUVKIDS is right. You have to go through an agency to be registered. Not worth it in my opinion. More paper work for less pay.

Sorry... forgot to mention issusing receipts. I do it at the end of each year unless otherwise requested by parents more frequently. I was a former Bookkeeper, so I keep accurate records in Quicken registers so I can easily print reports at any moment.

Here is a link to CRC Canada which answers your questions like this including the format for issuing receipts.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tax/busines...re/menu-e.html

Erin