Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default Cleaning Service?

I need to find someone to come clean my house ASAP! Because of the car accident, my insurance is going to pay for someone to come in and do all the things I can't... floors, dusting, dishes, bathrooms, etc. I don't need a consult or a deep, thurough cleaning - just help! And soon, bc this baby is coming (hopefully)! Anyone know where I would find such a person/agency??

I know of someone, but she does it under the table so to speak. Since your insurance is going to pay for it, might as well go for something like Molly Maid. Be sure to ask what they do and don't do. I know some won't move furniture or clean windows etc., just keep that in mind. I know there are a few other moms that use a cleaning service, perhaps they can help you out better. Sorry about your car accident injury that sucks , at least you get free cleaning service, that's awesome !
    Formerly Mega Baby Mom:
    Mother of 2 boys born May 2004 and September 2006!

"I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?"
    ~ Jack Handey

Expert Forum User

My bf says he uses "Sparkles" cleaning service at his job place and they do good work, very thorough. But, as the previous poster wrote, make sure that you discuss what they do and don't cover

As long as the person gives receipts your insurance co. should cover it, I was in a car accident and thats what Aviva's policy was for me. I used a company and didn't like them so then hired a private individual and she was great - she gave receipts and they were fine with that. Check with your insurer to be sure.
    I would highly recommend the cleaning company I have now - Abbey Rd. Improvements. I can give you their info if you want to PM me. They are wonderful!
    Michelle Hitchcock
    AVON
    519-472-7446 or mchitchcock@rogers.com

HippieMama

Molly Maid does chemical free cleaning, so I'd go with them if the insurance is paying!

Maid Green is amazing.i have recommended it to a few peopel on here. They make all of their cleaning products from scratch and have a great philosophy and are a family business who love what they do and have a passion for the environment. I highly recommend them PM me for their info if you are interested.

I've downsized to a sweet little yellow brick home in Old East. My backyard is a haven for birds :)

Martha Harewood from General Cleaning Plus is a lovely person with good, hand-picked staff. She brings all the equipment and supplies and uses cleaning products with natural ingredients if you're concerned about air quality and chemicals in your home. Her number is 519-432-7366.
    Love seeketh not itself to please,
    Nor for itself hath any care,
    But for another gives its ease,
    And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.

- William Blake (1757 - 1827)

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Thanks everyone! I called a bunch of places this morning and Molly Maid was able to get here the fastest (tomorrow am!), so I'm going to give them the first go at it. They're going to do the chemical-free cleaning. I plan on finding someone long-term after insurance stops paying, so I'll keep this list handy!