Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Findabhair
  • 1 Post By sardam

Thread: Parental advice for the new born baby ?

Default Parental advice for the new born baby ?

What are tips and needs we have to do for a new born baby health and diet. Any suggestion .

Expert Forum User

Have you recently had a baby or are you going to have one? Babies only need to eat breastmilk or formula from birth until they are 6 months old.

Thankyou so much. Is there any sites where i can found topics on baby care.

Yes she is only of 2 days old . Please suggest me some good names. God bless you. Feeling on heaven .

Expert Forum User

Are you looking for her diet or yours? The baby only needs formula or breast milk. Have you talked to your Dr. or midwife?
    Findabhair likes this.

Expert Forum User

You might find this class helpful - http://www.familyinfo.ca/oeycdocs/oe...ngCalendar.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by sardam View Post
    Are you looking for her diet or yours? The baby only needs formula or breast milk. Have you talked to your Dr. or midwife?
    No know breastfeeding but what else . She cries a lot but doctor told me its natural . Thankyou for your advice .

I'd recommend checking out this site. https://www.healthunit.com/babies#
    At the right side there are listings of Infant Growth/Development and Breastfeeding Drop-ins. I recommend attending one to ask any questions you have and get information about where else to go for resources and advice.

Expert Forum User

You can google "Period of Purple Crying" - this will help explain the baby crying. Baby will cry for no reason and will cry more and more, which reaches a peak at 6 weeks, which could be hours straight for no reason. Then by 12 weeks baby should only be crying for reasons (hungry, tired, wet,etc).

You do not need to worry about babies health/diet for a long time As mentioned above, just feed baby as often as baby wants to eat. Also, realize it is normal for baby to LOSE weight during the first week, up to 10% of weight is considered normal. Baby may eat from 1 breast for 30 minutes straight and then want the other side 15 minutes later. Or baby may eat for 15 minutes on one breast and then go an hour before wanting to eat again. Basically, if baby cries try offering breast first and if they don't want it then try something else (rocking, singing, nap, etc). Baby will keep telling you if they are hungry, although at 2 days old they eat very little. If this is your first baby then your milk is likely not in yet, so they are only taking small sips of colostrum (little water, lots of nutrients) - I just realized your baby is now 7 days old. Your milk should be in and likely spraying everywhere, lol, (if this has not happened then you will want to contact your MidWife or the hospital where you gave birth to assist you with pumping to get your milk in - I was induced with my first and had this happen as my body wasn't ready). With your milk in this means you will feed as much as possible and baby will begin to stay on breast much longer and is drinking a lot more. Your baby will nurse more or less as needed and within a week your body will have adjusted to providing/creating the exact amount your baby needs (because your baby has told it how much it needs).

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I'd recommend checking out this site. https://www.healthunit.com/babies#
    At the right side there are listings of Infant Growth/Development and Breastfeeding Drop-ins. I recommend attending one to ask any questions you have and get information about where else to go for resources and advice.
    Thankyou so much my friend

haha. Thankyou

Thankyou for explaining so much in advance

Thank you everyone so much. I have searched and found a site with baby names and parental advises. its amazing guidelines and suggestions for pregnancy and to care new born child.Parenting Advice & Tips, Baby Care Tips, Babies Health Advice/Tips