Default Where to get good blackout curtains or blackout blinds?

Where can I get good blackout curtains or blinds that effectively hide all the sunlight beaming through the windows at night?

I need to try to get my kids to sleep at an earlier time, but they obviously get thrown off with the days and the sky so bright outside at 7pm or 7:30. So they obviously refuse, or think I'm just being cruel/lying . Trying to make bedtime easier, any info would help thanks

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Budget friendly answer:Giant Tiger. They sell really thick curtains and if you get it in a dark, solid colour, it'll do the job. I used to use their brown ones in my front window
    and you couldn't tell from outside if I had lights on or not!
    However if you want more options for colours and style etc, Sears.ca has a good selection of shades and curtains usually, and they have good sales frequently hth.

I don't use any blackout ones for my kids at this point. My youngest's room does sometimes seem brighter than others, but she has no nightlight and seems to grasp the idea
    that in spring/summer the sun stays up later. It may change if other kids start playing outside later than she's in bed, but generally the only ones who play outside in our area
    are us and our friends who go to bed earlier than us.
    My other two just have white blinds but they face the opposite direction so without a streetlight shining in, their rooms are plenty dark
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Expert Forum User

I ordered a great set of blackout curtains from TEXIMAGE INC. AND LITE-OUT CURTAINS ? LiteOut.com. They're a Montreal based company, and the quality is high. I really like mine. I bought my first set of these through Winners, and wanted a matching set but winners didn't have a second pair so I went straight to the company. Glad I did - they have a good variety and love them!
    Married 2005. DD1 2007. DD2 2011. Beta Sigma Phi 2013.
    ... and one cute little kitty!

Expert Forum User

I find blinds (not with slats) keep put a lot of light, they sit more closely to the wall.
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.~Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
    If we want to move towards a low-polluting, sustainable society, we need to get consumers to think about their purchases-David Suzuki
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

Home Depot or Costco

Ikea!