Thread: let down

Default let down

ladies...

having issues with let down...i pump exclusively.. was doing 2 power pumps per day to get my supply up for a few weeks or so...and in the last few days i have been pumping and not getting much out maybe 2-3 times per day--staarted at night...last night went to do a 3am pump..nothing, 4am nothing and 5am nothing...finally at 6 i had a let down...and of course i am worrying from 3am onwards about it which of course doesnt help... i dont drink enogh water either....how do i fix this? it happened to me again at 12:00 today...boobs are full but no more than 1 oz coming out.... very frustrated and scared...help!

Have you tried looking at a photo and thinking about your baby while pumping? I also had a really hard time getting much out until I tried doing those things. And of course the more frustrated you get, the harder it is. I needed a quiet room where I could concentrate. You have to be in the right state of mind for your body to respond and let down. Try to get yourself in a gushy, nurturing mother mood and your body should cooperate. It takes practice and eventually you shouldn't need to do that all the time, but it definitely helps. Good luck!