Default Paralegal program reviews at Westervelt

I am a single mom and want to go back to school. I am looking into the paralegal program at Westervelt and have read mixed reviews about it. I was hoping to get some insite from people who have attended the program or people that have choose not to attend the program. I am debating between fanshawe and Westervelt but because of what westervelt offers i am leaning more towards them but dont want to waist my time and money.

the difference between fanshawe and westervelt are huge and i want to make the best decision for me. if anyone can help me out that would be awesome...

Jesse

Expert Forum User

I have 2 diplomas from Westervelt and they have served me well, however - if you have any inkling on transferring credits into another program -- Fanshawe is the way to go.

Social Media Guru

I have no experience in either but want to wish you the best of luck. Have you thought about contacting the schools to see if they have past graduates that would talk to you about their experiences?

Expert Forum User

i would stay away from private colleges unless you already have an in for a job or have a way to get the first job to gain experience. a program with a co-op is great. i don't know if westervelt has those. i wasted 14K on a private college.

Expert Forum User

My son's father did a program at westervelt and owes A LOT of OSAP. I looked at Fanshawe and found the program was about 1/2 price there. The private schools are a lot more money, at least from what I saw.

I contemplated both. Fanshawe requires a post secondary diploma/ degree and it is a one year program and fairly new. I didn't get accepted because my undergrad degree was I. Anthropology and not related to law at all. The one year includes an internship and I know you get an okay knowledge base. Westerville has had their program for years but I wasn't a fan of the fact that a course was only 8 weeks long and I was a little scared of being tested every week on so much information. In the end, I decided to do Law Clerk at Fanshawe because if I wanted to, I could then do the Paralegal program after. I'm in my last term of my program and I have pretty much made the decision to not do the Paralegal program after all until they allow Paralegals to do more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk