Default My DH made a youtube vid about his DD

Hi! My DH made a really heartfelt video about his current situation with his daughter.
    Full disclosure - it does have a link to his GoFundMe.

However, I am posting here just because I am so proud of him. He isn't computer savvy at all and really just poured himself into this. I know when he checks it and sees the views, it really lifts his spirits.

Thx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3s0UkVrZI
    Last edited by neohippie; 02-23-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

What a horrible situation. What does the cas say, where she lives, about him becoming her caregiver even if only until her mom is stable?
    I know around here, they look for the other parent first, then grandparents etc. Are they at least looking into if he's a viable option?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

The grandparents have been caring for Nash on and off for her whole life. So when Mom first went off the rails, CAS did a kinship agreement with grandparents, which has progressed into court procedings as Mom gets worse and worse. So CAS thinks to uproot Nash now is too intrusive, since we live 300km away. They told us their mandate is to be least intrusive, NOT what is in the best interests of the child

At some age does Nash get a say in where she goes?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Not until 12. We had requested for the Office of the Children's lawyer to take the case, and the judge agreed, but we are still waiting on them to do an investigation. They will take Nash's wishes into account, but we are unsure how much that counts for, and how much CAS recommendation counts for. I would like to believe that the distance is the only reason why we weren't considered initially, but also the caseworker is very sympathetic to the mom, and still believes mom is only having a temporary setback.

Go above that case worker talk to CAS here see if they can help in anyway! Such a sad story I hope you guys get more access soon? Is it possible to relocate if they won't let her come here?

That's a great idea, asking them AND the relocation idea. Especially if either of you can transfer within the same company, but closer to her location.

Good luck.
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11

Social Media Guru

This is so wrong....there is a viable parent the child should be living with them, I know of a situation exactly like this mother lost custody, maternal grandparents have custody, dad has had no issues with CAS, has another child and yet he only gets visits...the best interest for the child is to be with a parent when possible. Call the supervisors, get a homestudy done through London CAS, call the political parties for your area! This is where our system is failing!