Default Need to "Love it" again...but require help!

In need of recommendations for an interior designer, and construction/handyman to complete various tasks around the home.

The possibility of listing or moving from our house is out of the question 😓
    We have been in our house for 20 years and as funds and budget were able, jobs have been "somewhat" completed over time
    I know that's a long time for not being able to have all projects completed, but we have never felt the need to spend more than beyond our means and go into debt. Happy to say, we are now mortgage free, but I'm so unhappy with all the incomplete jobs and repairs that require attention, as well as a lack of decor. I can honestly say that I have absolutely no knack for decorating or for shopping for house things to make our dwelling look like a "home". I spent this entire weekend, decluttering and organizing and during the purge decided that we were going to spend the money to complete all jobs and get someone in to help me decide how to decorate and what to buy to love our home again...only one major problem
    Who to get, and how to go about finding the person or persons we need to help us?

I spent some time on kijiji and Google, however am baffled with these options.
    I much prefer recommendations from others who may have had these services done on their home and am hoping some could share some names or websites that may help? Are there things I should be aware of, or what I should be asking when researching my options?

TIA

Social Media Guru

I am of no help unfortunately as my hubby does everything but there is a group on Facebook called London and Area, Women in Business if you post there I'm sure a few of them would have recommendations