Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By one ordinary girl

Thread: I need a camera that doesn't suck

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Default I need a camera that doesn't suck

I have a bit of a problem with cameras ... I buy them, try them, hate them, return/exchange them. Once it took me THREE exchanges before I was happy with my purchase. But the other thing is, I use them so much, and in so many less than ideal situations, that I tend to have to buy a new one every one to three years.
    So anyway, this year i've bought two cameras, and I dislike the first and HATE the second. The second can be exchanged still, or maybe returned.
    but I need help!
    What camera is decent?!
    I hate when it takes a long time between photos.
    I hate when i can't adjust things, for example this current one every photo looks like it's either too super bright, or like it was taken in a dark dark room. Also kind of yellowy. But there's nowhere to adjust much of anything other than which preset settings you want.

Preferrably keeping it under $300 but open to ideas because , well, mastercard

Any advice?
    DD1 age 7 DS age 11
    "I will remember you." July/10
    Baby Elaina born October 28th, 2011. Making every single day that much more special.
    INTERESTED IN BUYING DVDS OF OLD KIDS' SHOWS. Mr.Rogers', Mr.Dressup, Polka Dot Door, etc

Moderator The Ultimate London Mom!

what have you tried? I have a couple different cannon's and have no complaints about either. Mind you both cost me more than $300 have you ever gone into a Camera store> I've gotten mine at Henry's Maybe go in there and talk to them and see what they recommend.
    Ingalls likes this.
    Your life is a result of the choices you make, if you don't like your life it's time to start making better choices.

Expert Forum User The Ultimate London Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by one ordinary girl View Post
    what have you tried? I have a couple different cannon's and have no complaints about either. Mind you both cost me more than $300 have you ever gone into a Camera store> I've gotten mine at Henry's Maybe go in there and talk to them and see what they recommend.
    This. I found any of the camera stores the best place to look because they will take the time, they know the product and you can get hands on and actually try before you buy. That's what I did when I was looking for a camera for myself.

I've noticed some new cameras have wi-fi so you can download straight to drop box. That's just an FYI in case you didn't know that option was available. I just bought one for my daughter with that from costco. A Canon, 20something MP and 8X zoom. I think it came to $160 to 180 with tax. It included a memory card too. I would go for more zoom though as an adult who likes to take pics.
    Last edited by my2babies; 12-21-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Expert Forum User

I agree, go to Henry's or another camera store and explain to them what you want and need and the frustrations you have with other cameras. We have an older Canon Powershot that is great to take anywhere. It does not take pictures quickly though, a new one might. If I want to take a lot of pictures quickly, I need my DSLR or my phone. There may be a better option for you. $300 seems like a decent budget. Good luck!

Try Fujifilm 100X, i use it and fully satisfied. It's easy to use and very light. Looks very vintage!